Arm11 crash doesn't let me play anygame anymore

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Tackskull, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Tackskull
    OP

Tackskull GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2017
    France
    Hi there, I have an old 3ds XL on ver 11.6.0-39E, I have my game library shared in two differents sd cards about 64gb each.

Untill a month ago I was able to play everything without problems but a couple a days ago I was taking my 3ds to play a bit but when I try to launch a game the arm11 report appear and basically, with the exception of a couple of games, the most of them just don't start. Using luma I tryed to disable arm11 exception handler but the resul on launching any game is that I get a generic error.

I know there is an update for the 3ds but I didn't downloaded it (living my 3ds on ver 11.6.0-39E) and to be shure of any problem I installed luma v9.1 (in fact now if I try to update my 3ds the system in not able to do it).

So what's the problem with my 3ds? How can I play my games without crashes?

I would appreciated so much your help, thanks guys :)

2. Tackskull
    OP

Nov 29, 2017
    France
    Nobody can help me?

3. TR_mahmutpek

TR_mahmutpek medic

Jul 28, 2015
    Turkey
    Try select different settings/check on luma menu

4. NFates

NFates Wants to understand™

Mar 13, 2016
    Dominican Republic
    Probably home.
    1- It would help if you shared crash dumps / photos.
    2- Let's see if it's your SD card. Backup its contents, then format it as FAT32 with 32kb of cluster size using guiformat and look for errors using H2testw.

TurdPooCharger and Itzumi like this.
  5. Itzumi

Itzumi Needs More Aesthetics

Jun 27, 2018
    United States
    USA
    I would very much suggest you check for corruption (files with garbled names [NOT THE ID0!], Files that exist yet don't, zero byte folders...)

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  6. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    SD Corruption is usally the biggest culprit when you go from 100% fine to crashing on anything loading overnight especially when you didnt do squat to mod the game or your NAND.

TurdPooCharger and Itzumi like this.
  7. Tackskull
    OP

Nov 29, 2017
    France
    Ok guys, sorry iff I get here on the topic so late but I was very busy this period. Thanks you all for the answers.

Here is the link to dropbox with a couple of crash photo of m 3ds and the arm11 dumps. I am reading from you guys that my sd is probably corrupted, in fact to load in and from the computer it takes even a day with one sd card, the other one say impossible to find this file (this happen to man files). Looks like both of my sd card are corrupted.

this is the dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/95nv23mmy1r4d3b/AACX3TDum8G479t64XeS-j0ua?dl=0

So guys, can you explain me what to do step by step? I have readed from one of you to format in fat32 my sd cards with another partition. I backuped one of the two sd cards on my pc, the other one, like I said, is impossible to be copied on the pc. So I am just able to format the sd and put back again all the files and everything will work?

8. Takeshi666

Takeshi666 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    try this. power off. hold start (or select, i forget which) and you will see the luma settings. disable arm 11 errors at the bottom. select and press start to save

9. Tackskull
    OP

Nov 29, 2017
    France

Did it many times, nothing change.

10. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
  11. Takeshi666

Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    i agree with this. If nothing seems to work. put all files on a pc. format sd. then put files back. maybe on another sd card if possible

12. Tackskull
    OP

Nov 29, 2017
    France
    I did it guys, but after format the sd when I try to move back all the files, I ever have an error or something. Looks like some files are corrupted, not existing or have some strange font on the name. So, what I would like to do is to delete everything and start from the beginning. Installing fbi and from that install freeshop and other stuff. To do this need I to hack my 3ds from the beginning? How can I create a new sd with all the needed tools? Maybe from the actually sd just keeping some of the files/folders? Which ones?

13. Takeshi666

Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    if you want to start fresh. put luma firm on root of sd that has been formatted completely. and put the sd in. that should do it.

14. Tackskull
    OP

Nov 29, 2017
    France
    To a new formatted sd I must poot only Luma? No other application like fbi or others? How I can run fbi and install cias?

15. Tackskull
    OP

Nov 29, 2017
    France