Hacking Arm11 (core 1; data abort, Translation - Page) Error During Initial Homebrew Launcher Install

DfectivDtectiv

New Member
OP
Newbie
Joined
Jul 11, 2021
Messages
2
Trophies
0
Age
19
XP
2
Country
United States
Hey all,

I've been using the guide on a n2DSxl and during Finalizing Setup Section III, I've been getting this error when attempting to relaunch Download Play:

ARM11 (Core 1); Exception Type: Data Abort; Fault Status: Translation - Page; Current Process: Rosalina (00000000000000)

I am able to access the Luma menu and I receive a success message when I set Download Play as the HB launcher, but crashes upon relaunch. I've triple checked that all the files are downloaded, properly named, and in the correct and properly named folders; unless I'm making some glaring error, everything seems to be in order. I also redownloaded and replaced GodMode9.firm and the homebrew launcher wrapper cia, but these have not helped. I've included the latest crash dump and other relevant info below. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Misc info:

- I'm using a sandisk 128GB Mario-themed micro-sd formatted for FAT32 with GUIFormat.

- The system is a "refurbished" model from gamestop and was hacked previously. I found (and regrettably deleted) a folder of android apps, a folder titled Lost.F(something), and some things in the 3DS folder with the surname ndsbootstrap. I transferred everything that was left afterwards to the aforementioned 128gb card.I did do the recommended check for CFW in the 3DS hacks guide before deleting the stuff, however, and found nothing, so I assumed those things were pointless and deleted them.

- I have done this process before with a o2DS and this did not happen then.
 

Attachments

  • CrashDump.zip
    500 bytes · Views: 15

lone_wolf323

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 27, 2011
Messages
4,352
Trophies
1
XP
3,399
Country
Canada
Hey all,

I've been using the guide on a n2DSxl and during Finalizing Setup Section III, I've been getting this error when attempting to relaunch Download Play:

ARM11 (Core 1); Exception Type: Data Abort; Fault Status: Translation - Page; Current Process: Rosalina (00000000000000)

I am able to access the Luma menu and I receive a success message when I set Download Play as the HB launcher, but crashes upon relaunch. I've triple checked that all the files are downloaded, properly named, and in the correct and properly named folders; unless I'm making some glaring error, everything seems to be in order. I also redownloaded and replaced GodMode9.firm and the homebrew launcher wrapper cia, but these have not helped. I've included the latest crash dump and other relevant info below. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Misc info:

- I'm using a sandisk 128GB Mario-themed micro-sd formatted for FAT32 with GUIFormat.

- The system is a "refurbished" model from gamestop and was hacked previously. I found (and regrettably deleted) a folder of android apps, a folder titled Lost.F(something), and some things in the 3DS folder with the surname ndsbootstrap. I transferred everything that was left afterwards to the aforementioned 128gb card.I did do the recommended check for CFW in the 3DS hacks guide before deleting the stuff, however, and found nothing, so I assumed those things were pointless and deleted them.

- I have done this process before with a o2DS and this did not happen then.
If its already hacked. Then try proceeding with https://3ds.hacks.guide/restoring-cfw to complete the last of what you need.
 
  • Like
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

DfectivDtectiv

New Member
OP
Newbie
Joined
Jul 11, 2021
Messages
2
Trophies
0
Age
19
XP
2
Country
United States
If its already hacked. Then try proceeding withto complete the last of what you need.

I think it was hacked at one point, but B9S and everything that would have let me access what was on there was missing from the micro SD; I also already deleted every non-vanilla file. Regardless, it's not the installation of Luma I'm having trouble with, rather the finalizing setup section, specifically section three.
 

lone_wolf323

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 27, 2011
Messages
4,352
Trophies
1
XP
3,399
Country
Canada
I think it was hacked at one point, but B9S and everything that would have let me access what was on there was missing from the micro SD; I also already deleted every non-vanilla file. Regardless, it's not the installation of Luma I'm having trouble with, rather the finalizing setup section, specifically section three.
Thats not going over the installation of the cfw, read it. And aswell. If you still have the same sd card as what it came with for the random file names. You should check that card if your going to continue using it as it sounds like data corruption happened on it. Use https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html with full read write test on a fully empty formatted sd card to make sure its good to use.
 
  • Like
Reactions: KleinesSinchen
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Owenge @ Owenge: :creep: