Hacking Arm11 (core 0) crash in middle of the game

Marselu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, so I was playing Animal Crossing New Leaf on my recently hacked 3DS and suddenly the game crashed and it gave me this screen.
I had gotten this error yesterday too, so I decided to test if my SD card had any errors with h2testw, and it didn't had nothing.
Does anyone know what this is and how do I fix it?

Attachments

• IMG_20201015_140205864.jpg
    IMG_20201015_140205864.jpg
    813.7 KB · Views: 264

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey, so I was playing Animal Crossing New Leaf on my recently hacked 3DS and suddenly the game crashed and it gave me this screen.
I had gotten this error yesterday too, so I decided to test if my SD card had any errors with h2testw, and it didn't had nothing.
Does anyone know what this is and how do I fix it?
What's your actual console system and Luma versions? Are you applying some kind of patch or cheat to that game? Game is from the same region of your console? And did you check if perharps an update is needed for that game?

Another possible scenario could be that you need to import a seed for that game (use FBI for that)

Edit: You can also check this interesting post by @TurdPooCharger about a similar problem:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/monster-hunter-stories-an-exception-occured.575572/#post-9234462

Last edited by fmkid,
Reactions: Marselu

Marselu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My console is an Old Nintendo 3DS XL, version 11.13.0-45U. I have the latest version of Luma, which is v10.2.
Nope, didn't apply any cheat or patch into the game. Yes, the game is from the same region as the console, and I updated it right after I installed the cia file.

Thanks, I'll check it out!

In the meanwhile after I posted this thread I was testing other games if the same error happened, and apparently the problem is only with certain games, that probably confirms the problem is with the cia file I installed or that I need a seed for the game right?
And, while testing with the game The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D, another type of error occurred, and I had to reboot the console. After that, the 3DS wouldn't boot up again. I connected the SD card to my PC to check if there was a problem in the files, and the computer wouldn't recognize the SD card. That makes me think that the original problem was with the card itself.
Thankfully I have a spare 4gb SD card with all the files from when I installed the cfm in my console here, so at least it isn't all lost.

I'm gonna try to get another SD card and do another test with the games that occurred the error, hopefully it will be fixed if I just change to another SD card. If not, I will check out the post you mentioned and see if there's any seeds I need to import for the game. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: fmkid

Marselu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, I did the test with the SD card while it was empty.

I will check on that and see if there's anything wrong with the files, but since yesterday I changed to my spare SD card (which is the card that came with the console), and the games that had been giving me the error don't seem to be crashing anymore, does that mean the problem was with the SD card or was it something else?
Sorry if I misunderstood something, I'm not very familiar with how to mess with this custom firmware yet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I did the test with the SD card while it was empty.

I will check on that and see if there's anything wrong with the files, but since yesterday I changed to my spare SD card (which is the card that came with the console), and the games that had been giving me the error don't seem to be crashing anymore, does that mean the problem was with the SD card or was it something else?
Sorry if I misunderstood something, I'm not very familiar with how to mess with this custom firmware yet
Can you clarify which card you checked?

Card #1 is the one that had the Animal Crossing crash, and the computer had problems reading it. Was this the one that was tested, and the report came back okay?

Is the spare 4 GB card (card #2 ?) the one that currently has your stuff on it? Was this checked with H2testw?

Marselu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's correct, Card #1 is the one that had the crash, and the one that I tested and the report came back saying it was everything okay. I should mention that my computer couldn't read this card after a while I did the test, don't know if that has something to do with it or not.

Yes, Card #2 is the 4gb one, currently on my 3DS. Nope, I didn't test this one with H2testw, since I didn't have any problems with it when I was using it.
I should mention as well that there are some games on Card #1 that I didn't copy to Card #2 because of it not having enough space for all of them, so maybe one of those games that I didn't transfer was the one causing the original problem?
Sorry if it's getting too confusing, english is not my first language so I'm not sure if I'm saying something that doesn't make sense

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's correct, Card #1 is the one that had the crash, and the one that I tested and the report came back saying it was everything okay. I should mention that my computer couldn't read this card after a while I did the test, don't know if that has something to do with it or not.
Does your computer has a built-in SD card slot reader, or are you using an SD-to-USB adapter? If yours is something like this shitty T-FLASH adapter that comes prebundled with R4 flashcarts, junk it and get a better adapter.
If the SD reader or adapter is good, Card #1 might have a bad memory controller. This type of hardware failure can't be check with H2testw.

Yes, Card #2 is the 4gb one, currently on my 3DS. Nope, I didn't test this one with H2testw, since I didn't have any problems with it when I was using it.
I should mention as well that there are some games on Card #1 that I didn't copy to Card #2 because of it not having enough space for all of them, so maybe one of those games that I didn't transfer was the one causing the original problem?

When you buy a replacement SD card that's big enough to hold all your stuff, make sure it's authentic (use H2testw). After copying everything on the new card, check for data corruption as described in the link at post #4. Follow Path (A) or Path (B) depending on what the result was for Card #1.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Marselu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My computer has a built-in SD card reader, so I didn't have to buy an adapter. It's reading other cards normally so I assume the problem isn't with the reader.

I just got another SD card, I'll use H2testw to make sure everything is okay, and after copying everything, I'll check for data corruption as you said. Thank you!

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Marselu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey @TurdPooCharger, so I was going to check the SD card with H2testw and it gave me this.
I tried formatting the card a bunch of times but it still didn't work, any idea what this is and how to fix it?

Attachments

• IMG_20201016_183709143.jpg
    IMG_20201016_183709143.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 151
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @TurdPooCharger, so I was going to check the SD card with H2testw and it gave me this.
I tried formatting the card a bunch of times but it still didn't work, any idea what this is and how to fix it?
New cards can come preformatted with an unallocated partition. At step 2's quadruple reformat, merge the partitions.
If there's a single partition in [ FAT 32 format | 32 KB cluster | MRB disk | primary partition ] settings, then that error can be overlooked as long as it's 1 MByte or less that's unaccounted for.

Marselu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
New cards can come preformatted with an unallocated partition. At step 2's quadruple reformat, merge the partitions.
If there's a single partition in [ FAT 32 format | 32 KB cluster | MRB disk | primary partition ] settings, then that error can be overlooked as long as it's 1 MByte or less that's unaccounted for.
Yeah, apparently there's just one partition, but 7MB are being used, is that a problem?
Also, I didn't complete the quadruple reformat, should I do it and then check it again?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I never updated past 11.2U, so mine is stable without the spying telemetry.
Hmm, should I consider getting back to 11.2U then? (if it is possible). If so, how can I do that?

Attachments

• IMG_20201016_193857304.jpg
    IMG_20201016_193857304.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 116
Last edited by Marselu,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, apparently there's just one partition, but 7MB are being used, is that a problem?
Also, I didn't complete the quadruple reformat, should I do it and then check it again?
Yes, that is problem. Having any files or folders on the SD card before the test starts will throw off the results. H2testw may fail to write and read back bad nand cells if those areas are preoccupied. Redo the test if items, however small they are, were left behind.

Hmm, should I consider getting back to 11.2U then? (if it is possible). If so, how can I do that?
Just update or stay on the latest 11.13U.

I don't understand where @Jayro's interjection about 11.2 firmware is coming from. Lower firmware means not being able to play newer games that require a minimum firmware version. See 3dsdb.com sorted by firmware.

Online play will be cut off unless you're on the latest firmware. You won't get banned so long as you follow the * warnings in the red box in [3ds.hacks.guide] Get Started {Portuguese}.
  • * 1. Privacy - People download pirated CIAs, install them, and play online without any issue. I doubt you'll get banned for this reason. If this was on the Nintendo Switch, that would be a different story.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Marselu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, that is problem. Having any files or folders on the SD card before the test starts will throw off the results. H2testw may fail to write and read back bad nand cells if those areas are preoccupied. Redo the test if items, however small they are, were left behind.
OK, so I did the quadruple reformat from the start, but when I finish it, it still says that the SD card has 7.50MB being used, what should I do?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, so I did the quadruple reformat from the start, but when I finish it, it still says that the SD card has 7.50MB being used, what should I do?
Nothing. The sd card requires system files if its own to know what to do with the data you put on the card. The higher sized card. The higher amount the data used if those sd card system files.

Marselu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nothing. The sd card requires system files if its own to know what to do with the data you put on the card. The higher sized card. The higher amount the data used if those sd card system files.
Oh, so can I do the H2testw normally without any problems now?

Marselu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
7.50 MB is too high. What are you reformatting the card in? NTFS?
Nope, I'm reformatting in FAT32.

EDIT: Wait, I'm running H2testw right now and it didn't gave that warning. Shouldn't it be alright now?

Attachments

• IMG_20201016_203959950.jpg
    IMG_20201016_203959950.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 119
Last edited by Marselu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"