Hacking Arm11 (core 0) crash error near intro of games. Have formated fresh card, updated Luma.

ConfusedNDazzed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't hyperlink yet, sorry for weird formatting and image omissions.

My first two days of attempting to fix this issue:

New 3DS freshly installed with CFW using [this video ] 3DS001.jpg 3DS002.jpg , while cross referencing the guide at 3ds.hacks. Everything installed without hiccup, have FBI, homebrew launcher, etc.

My problems came up when I installed CIAs and near the beginning of the game, the follow would come up: [Arm11 error. ]. This happened with a CIA of Metal Gear Solid 3, as well as Pokémon X. I read that it may be the fault of the CIA itself, so I downloaded another CIA of X, and yet again, Arm11 error. The *Import Seed* method did not work on either of the X files nor MGS - they both gave back an error code on FBI. Two accompanying crash error codes from my first attempt: [One], [two. ].

I figured it may be a faulty microSD, so in order to rule that out, I went out and purchased a fresh, 64GB card, formatted with GUIFormat, and copy and pasted the contents of the old card into the new one, and the same thing continued to happen with CIAs with one exception and that was a CIA of Monster Hunter Generations. It crashed and gave me an error as the others did, but somehow, the Import Seed fix worked up until a later section in the game (entering a new area). After the new area, it crashed and gave an error code as usual. I'm lost as to what to do next. I've gotten the CIAs from reputable sites, and doubt that three CIAs of X would be corrupt (I downloaded them from three different sources). Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd like to get this 3DS up and running. Thank you.

Misc: error messages from crashes on the new card: [One], [two](, [three] , [four. ]. (These are the crashes of Pokémon X, and MH Generations pre and post Import Seed, but not sure about their order.)

If it helps to mention, when I go to delete from the 3DS' Data Management section, I get a crash similar to the above, however, upon reboot, the CIA is no longer on the page where the rest of the software is. Figured that might be important to mention.

Today's progress:

I was advised that my Luma might be out of date and a system update would be necessary. I was hesitant at first considering I followed the guide two days ago, I highly doubt there would be an update, but I did either way. I updated through the LumaUpdater on the 3DS, noticed that it pulled a new updated, and followed the X+A prompt to download it, and START to reboot. At reboot, I got the Luma screen, selected Show Nand, and booted in normally. I figured I might as well try and update software through the 3DS even though I did the other day; went into System Update, it told me it was up to date, but for some reason, when I pressed "OK", screen went black, and it booted me back to the screen where all your games and either software are. Not sure why. Regardless, I went to start another game, and same thing, near the intro , Arm11 crash. Kinda stumped here at the moment.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check if your SD card is fake, faulty, or dying.
  1. Copy everything off the SD card to a computer.
  2. Quadruple reformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw. Do not skip.
EDIT - After you've checked both your original and replacement SD cards, if a negative result was returned for either of them, that means the CIA installations can't be trusted due to the bad card corrupting data.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a factory-fresh, brand new card. What's the likelihood of it being the SD?
I edited my first post as it seems you installed some games on the first card, copied everything to the replacement card, and installed some more games on that second card.

Anything installed on card #1 (if it's a bad one) that had its data corrupted will carry its corruption over copied to card #2.

Flash products like SD cards and USB pen drives has had their supply lines tainted by fake goods. It doesn't matter if you buy a name brand card from a reputable online retailer or brick-&-mortar store. The only way to protect yourself from getting ripped off at the end of the day is to hardware test the card before using. In case you were given fakes, return them before their return periods are over.

ConfusedNDazzed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I edited my first post as it seems you installed some games on the first card, copied everything to the replacement card, and installed some more games on that second card.

Anything installed on card #1 (if it's a bad one) that had its data corrupted will carry its corruption over copied to card #2.

Flash products like SD cards and USB pen drives has had their supply lines tainted by fake goods. It doesn't matter if you buy a name brand card from a reputable online retailer or brick-&-mortar store. The only way to protect yourself from getting ripped off at the end of the day is to hardware test the card before using. In case you were given fakes, return them before their return periods are over.

I installed some new games on the second card that weren't previously on the first card - would that make a difference?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed some new games on the second card that weren't previously on the first card - would that make a difference?
At this moment where we don't know for sure if the 1st and 2nd cards are authentic, it won't make a difference in our assessment.

Do steps 1–3 for both cards. Refer to the spoiler below to interpret the results, or upload screen captured images of the results at imgur.com or imgbb.com for us to see. If new user posting restrictions are still in place, write the url address like this: www . gbatemp . net
  • h2testw_menu-png.210567
    h2testw_results-png.210862

ConfusedNDazzed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I gotcha, I'll go ahead and do that for both cards now. Before that, though, what should I back up given that I'm wiping the cards entirely? At time of installing the CFW, I was told to back up three files: two .BINS, an .SHA, and an EXEFS - is that all?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gotcha, I'll go ahead and do that for both cards now. Before that, though, what should I back up given that I'm wiping the cards entirely? At time of installing the CFW, I was told to back up three files: two .BINS, an .SHA, and an EXEFS - is that all?
Everything on the SD cards that can be copied and pasted to the computer. Of course, keep the contents of the cards separate from one another.

-OR-

If your n3DSXL was a recent purchase and all the games, dlcs, and updates are new installs where you haven't made any game progresses/saves, you can elect to scrap the Nintendo 3DS folder and start over installing CIAs after the SD card you plan to use checks out good.

-OR-

You trust nothing and don't wish to salvage whatever that were on the cards. Redo the steps at [3ds.hacks.guide] Finalizing Setup. Keep another copy of the SysNAND *.bin & *.sha image (1.2 GB) and essential.exefs somewhere safe on your computer, external hard drive, or cloud storage. Those will be your go to 'in case of emergency, break glass' items.

ConfusedNDazzed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I'm going to go with option 3. I'm assuming I do that after H2W test, correct? I have my SysNAND.bin from my original card backed up - is that all right, or do I pull one from the new card?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm going to go with option 3. I'm assuming I do that after H2W test, correct? I have my SysNAND.bin from my original card backed up - is that all right, or do I pull one from the new card?
Yes, redo Finalizing Setup on an SD card after it's proven [GOOD]. There's a way to check if a backed up sysnand *.bin image is intact.
  • GodMode9[0:] SDCARD (NOLABEL)/.../<date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.bin (the *.bin.sha has to be in the same folder)NAND image options... → Verify file.
    • You want, NAND validation success
    -or-
  • <date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.bin (the *.bin.sha has to be in the same folder) → Calculate SHA-256.
    • You want, SHA verification: passed!
If the original image is corrupt, backup and replace.

ConfusedNDazzed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, redo Finalizing Setup on an SD card after it's proven [GOOD]. There's a way to check if a backed up sysnand *.bin image is intact.
  • GodMode9[0:] SDCARD (NOLABEL)/.../<date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.bin (the *.bin.sha has to be in the same folder)NAND image options... → Verify file.
    • You want, NAND validation success
    -or-
  • <date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.bin (the *.bin.sha has to be in the same folder) → Calculate SHA-256.
    • You want, SHA verification: passed!
If the original image is corrupt, backup and replace.

For part 4 of the quadraple format technique, do I do both parts Minitool Partition Wizard, and the second portion where I create a New Partition or is the first part sufficient?

Additionally, I'm not seeing an DISK: MBR anywhere for the first portion when I select "Format".

Last edited by ConfusedNDazzed,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For part 4 of the quadraple format technique, do I do both parts Minitool Partition Wizard, and the second portion where I create a New Partition or is the first part sufficient?

Additionally, I'm not seeing an DISK: MBR anywhere for the first portion when I select "Format".
There is a attached image at bottom of that 'quadruple reformat' post. Of those four (4) programs to be used in that specific order, only MiniTool Partition Wizard (free edition) has the fine tune ability to adjust or rebuild the disk type as MBR. The last reformatting with that program should output one partition.
  • minitool_merge_partitions-png.218273
MiniTool_merge_partitions2.png

EDIT - If you have trouble seeing that quad reformat picture, mouse click on it to expand the view.

ConfusedNDazzed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is a attached image at bottom of that 'quadruple reformat' post. Of those four (4) programs to be used in that specific order, only MiniTool Partition Wizard (free edition) has the fine tune ability to adjust or rebuild the disk type as MBR. The last reformatting with that program should output one partition.
  • minitool_merge_partitions-png.218273
View attachment 227493

Fantastic. Seems my original card is GOOD: 0013DS.PNG

What's my next step here? I have the empty memory card, my original backups of the two BINS (one being 1.2GB), .SHA file, and the .EXEFS. Do I just jump into the Finalizing Setup on the guide, or do I need to prep the newly formatted SD card before going forward?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fantastic. Seems my original card is GOOD:

What's my next step here? I have the empty memory card, my original backups of the two BINS (one being 1.2GB), .SHA file, and the .EXEFS. Do I just jump into the Finalizing Setup on the guide, or do I need to prep the newly formatted SD card before going forward?
4. Delete the *.h2w test files off the SD card.
5. Copy everything from that card back onto that card.
6. Replace the files as listed in the [3ds.hacks.guide] Finalizing Setup.
  • (Root of the SD card), sdmc:/
    • 3ds/
      • ctr-no-timeoffset.3dsx
      • FBI.3dsx
    • cias/
      • Anemone3DS.cia
      • Checkpoint.cia
      • DSP1.cia
      • FBI.cia
      • Homebrew_Launcher.cia
      • lumaupdater.cia
    • gm9/
      • scripts/
        • GM9Megascript.gm9
        • NANDManager.gm9
      • support
      • out
    • luma/
      • payloads/
        • GodMode9.firm
    • boot.3dsx
    • boot.firm
7. Depending on the options presented in post #8,
  • (A) Keep everything else as-is but check if the original backed up SysNAND *.bin image is intact as described in post #10.
  • (B) Keep everything except the Nintendo 3DS folder. Delete that folder if you want to start over rebuilding your collection by installing fresh CIAs.
  • (C) Redo all the steps/sections listed in Finalizing Setup if you don't trust any of the old files. Delete all the old files except the replacements listed in step 6. Backup a new copy of the SysNAND *.bin image.

ConfusedNDazzed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
4. Delete the *.h2w test files off the SD card.
5. Copy everything from that card back onto that card.
6. Replace the files as listed in the [3ds.hacks.guide] Finalizing Setup.
  • (Root of the SD card), sdmc:/
    • 3ds/
      • ctr-no-timeoffset.3dsx
      • FBI.3dsx
    • cias/
      • Anemone3DS.cia
      • Checkpoint.cia
      • DSP1.cia
      • FBI.cia
      • Homebrew_Launcher.cia
      • lumaupdater.cia
    • gm9/
      • scripts/
        • GM9Megascript.gm9
        • NANDManager.gm9
      • support
      • out
    • luma/
      • payloads/
        • GodMode9.firm
    • boot.3dsx
    • boot.firm
7. Depending on the options presented in post #8,
  • (A) Keep everything else as-is but check if the original backed up SysNAND *.bin image is intact as described in post #10.
  • (B) Keep everything except the Nintendo 3DS folder. Delete that folder if you want to start over rebuilding your collection by installing fresh CIAs.
  • (C) Redo all the steps/sections listed in Finalizing Setup if you don't trust any of the old files. Delete all the old files except the replacements listed in step 6. Backup a new copy of the SysNAND *.bin image.

" 15 Copy <date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.bin, <date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.bin.sha, essential.exefs, and boot9.bin from the /gm9/out/ folder on your SD card to a safe location on your computer "

My gm9/out didn't give a Sysnand,bin, nor a .bin.sha. I replaced everything following the entirety of Finalizing Setup.

Last edited by ConfusedNDazzed,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
" 15 Copy <date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.bin, <date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.bin.sha, essential.exefs, and boot9.bin from the /gm9/out/ folder on your SD card to a safe location on your computer "

My gm9/out didn't give a Sysnand,bin, nor a .bin.sha. I replaced everything following the entirety of Finalizing Setup.
After making a fresh setup for the SD card and replacing all the files,

8. Rebuild the Nintendo 3DS folder. FBI reinstall the CIAs for all the games that were problematic as mentioned in post #1.​

If the n3DS still refuses to launch or play those games,

9. Try these various troubleshooting techniques for each of the games that are:
  • (1) Digital eShop release title that's known to require a seed.
  • (2) Out-of-region game / the region of the game does not match that of the 3DS firmware.
  • (3) The game is not be compatible on Old 3DS series systems. {Device is a n3DS.}
  • (4) The version of the 3DS firmware is too old. {Already taken care of in above steps.}
  • (5) The boot.firm (Luma3DS) is too old. {Already taken care of in above steps.}
If the games still crash despite all of the above,

10. Repair the 3DS firmware + custom firmware with CTRTransfer (Type D9) - CTRTransfer. Carefully read and follow the Instructions.
  • * You can skip ahead to step 5 in the Instructions since you already took care of hardware checking the SD card.

ConfusedNDazzed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After making a fresh setup for the SD card and replacing all the files,

8. Rebuild the Nintendo 3DS folder. FBI reinstall the CIAs for all the games that were problematic as mentioned in post #1.​

If the n3DS still refuses to launch or play those games,

9. Try these various troubleshooting techniques for each of the games that are:
  • (1) Digital eShop release title that's known to require a seed.
  • (2) Out-of-region game / the region of the game does not match that of the 3DS firmware.
  • (3) The game is not be compatible on Old 3DS series systems. {Device is a n3DS.}
  • (4) The version of the 3DS firmware is too old. {Already taken care of in above steps.}
  • (5) The boot.firm (Luma3DS) is too old. {Already taken care of in above steps.}
If the games still crash despite all of the above,

10. Repair the 3DS firmware + custom firmware with CTRTransfer (Type D9) - CTRTransfer. Carefully read and follow the Instructions.
  • * You can skip ahead to step 5 in the Instructions since you already took care of hardware checking the SD card.

Not entirely sure what you mean by rebuilding the Nintendo 3DS folder. I see it on my desktop, but not sure how to proceed.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not entirely sure what you mean by rebuilding the Nintendo 3DS folder. I see it on my desktop, but not sure how to proceed.
You will have to make a choice whether to keep your original Nintendo 3DS folder that's currently on the desktop or make a replacement Nintendo 3DS folder.

Here's what you can do to help us figure whether the cause of your crashes are bad CIA installations or something more serious like a semi-softbricked 3DS firmware.
  • Leave the original Nintendo 3DS folder on your computer. Don't copy it over to the SD card at this time.
  • Copy the CIAs for one or two games that crashed on you before. ~ Choose Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D and Pokemon X. FBI install those. Install these games to the new Nintendo 3DS folder.
  • Check if these newly installed game(s) crash on you. Troubleshoot as described in step 9. You will need to look in FBITitles to figure out if they're the EUR versions (out-of-region titles may require luma locale emulation) and/or they're known to need seeds (import those also with FBI while connected to the Internet).
If the newly installed games crash, that most likely means there is a software problem with that n3DS system's 3DS firmware (operating system) or worse, the n3DS has a miscellaneous hardware fault with its motherboard.

If the newly installed games are stable, you can temporarily rename the replacement Nintendo 3DS folder to something else like Nintendo 3DS (pending). Copy the original Nintendo 3DS folder from desktop to SD card, and check if the games in the old collection crashes.

If the games in the old folder crash, junk that folder assuming you don't have any game progresses or saves worth keeping. It can be assumed the data is corrupt and not worth salvaging. Switch over to the replacement Nintendo 3DS (pending)Nintendo 3DS.

If the games in the old folder does not crash, you can keep the original folder in place and delete the Nintendo 3DS (pending).

ConfusedNDazzed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You will have to make a choice whether to keep your original Nintendo 3DS folder that's currently on the desktop or make a replacement Nintendo 3DS folder.

Here's what you can do to help us figure whether the cause of your crashes are bad CIA installations or something more serious like a semi-softbricked 3DS firmware.
  • Leave the original Nintendo 3DS folder on your computer. Don't copy it over to the SD card at this time.
  • Copy the CIAs for one or two games that crashed on you before. ~ Choose Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D and Pokemon X. FBI install those. Install these games to the new Nintendo 3DS folder.
  • Check if these newly installed game(s) crash on you. Troubleshoot as described in step 9. You will need to look in FBITitles to figure out if they're the EUR versions (out-of-region titles may require luma locale emulation) and/or they're known to need seeds (import those also with FBI while connected to the Internet).
If the newly installed games crash, that most likely means there is a software problem with that n3DS system's 3DS firmware (operating system) or worse, the n3DS has a miscellaneous hardware fault with its motherboard.

If the newly installed games are stable, you can temporarily rename the replacement Nintendo 3DS folder to something else like Nintendo 3DS (pending). Copy the original Nintendo 3DS folder from desktop to SD card, and check if the games in the old collection crashes.

If the games in the old folder crash, junk that folder assuming you don't have any game progresses or saves worth keeping. It can be assumed the data is corrupt and not worth salvaging. Switch over to the replacement Nintendo 3DS (pending)Nintendo 3DS.

If the games in the old folder does not crash, you can keep the original folder in place and delete the Nintendo 3DS (pending).

• The contents of the original MicroSD are on my desktop untouched, but are they not on the new memory card that was fully wiped and confirmed to work? The only things that got replaced were the items in the Finalizing Setup on the 3DS guide.
  • When you say install to the Nintendo 3DS folder - do you mean the cias folder? I haven't been placing any CIAs in Nintendo 3DS at all. The only contents that have been inside Nintendo 3DS folder have been the folder with the long string of characters and a folder named Private.
I really appreciate the help thus far, I've been stumped for three days, and really lost as to what the heck could have gone wrong/going wrong. Thanks for bearing with me.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • The contents of the original MicroSD are on my desktop untouched, but are they not on the new memory card that was fully wiped and confirmed to work? The only things that got replaced were the items in the Finalizing Setup on the 3DS guide.
  • When you say install to the Nintendo 3DS folder - do you mean the cias folder? I haven't been placing any CIAs in Nintendo 3DS at all. The only contents that have been inside Nintendo 3DS folder have been the folder with the long string of characters and a folder named Private.
I really appreciate the help thus far, I've been stumped for three days, and really lost as to what the heck could have gone wrong/going wrong. Thanks for bearing with me.
Alright, so the Nintendo 3DS folder is where all the games that appear on HOME Menu, their accompanying DLCs & updates, and their saves + extdata (extra data) are installed to or resided in. These would be anything bought and downloaded from Nintendo eShop or those CIAs people find on the Internet and install with FBI.

Keep the original Nintendo 3DS folder you backed up (step 1 in post #2) on your computer. Don't copy it back to the SD card just yet.

Check if your SD card now have a replacement Nintendo 3DS folder. If you followed the Finalizing Setup (step 7 in post #14) by FBI installing those homebrew CIAs as listed in that cias folder, the n3DS should have made a new Nintendo 3DS folder absent of any 3DS games.

Copy and paste the CIAs for those games you've downloaded onto the SD card. FBI install those game CIAs to this second Nintendo 3DS folder.

(Step 9 in post #16) Launch the games. Check if the n3DS still crashes. Determine if the games (1) require their seeds to be imported and/or (2) are out-of-region versus the 3DS firmware, requiring luma locale emulation. Conditions (3)–(5) should already be satisfied.

Where to go from there will depend on the outcome of those newly installed games crashing or not (post #18) after making sure their seeds are imported (if needed) and/or the luma locale emulation (with the locale.txt + game patching) has been taken care of.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Managed Budokai Tenkaichi 3 to work