Homebrew ARM 11 (core 0) expception in Translation on Blue Demon Homebrew Port

ManaOverkill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To begin, if you don't know what Blue Demon (or Ao Oni, take your pick) is, it's a puzzle-oriented horror game created initially in the RPG Maker game engine, the graphics are obviously rather simplistic, with minimal detail. This is just a fun homebrew port for a few friends; That all being said..

The title essentially explains my error, but just in case, I'm getting an ARM11 unhandled exception under the translation section every time i try to run the application on my o2DS with CFW (Luma3Ds with Boot9Strap and GodMode9) And for the sake of reference, whenever i run the decrypted *.cia file in Citra, the application launches but the screen remains black in the emulator, showing 0FPS, sometimes resulting in Citra crashing.

I've browsed the forum for solutions to this issue, and to no avail, most of the threads just recommended swapping out the boot.firm to another Luma 3DS version, however, in my case, this wouldn't precisely solve the issue, as i need a file that can be emulated in Citra (or another 3DS emulator) in addition to being playable on a physical handheld. Regardless; If you come across this thread and have any suggestions, please be sure to let me know, i greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

ManaOverkill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to get it to compile and build a working CCI (without a banner, and using the default icon)... Just need to figure out how to compile the banner now, as it gives an error whenever the custom banner is included.

I saw something on the How to make a 3DS games in Unity thread, about compiling these things separately using the NW4C_TextureConverter (or something among these lines) that is included in the Nintendoware packacke for CTR, so I'll give it a shot as soon as possible.

Last edited by ManaOverkill,

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if homebrew games require a seed or something to bypass it, but generally Arm11 encountered when launching a game means, it's either missing a seed, games is from different region, or the game is corrupt.

Reactions: ManaOverkill

ManaOverkill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the information, I have it working in Citra now, as shown in the screenshot (audio works too!) will have to do a test later on the o2DS and see if it will actually run on real hardware.

Edit: Just tested it on the o2DS a little while ago.. It runs fine in Citra, yet on real hardware, it continues to throw this error.

If the information helps any, the game settings (that may relate to this issue are as follows):
Application ID: 0xFF3FF
Region: America
L1: Ao Oni
L2 Blue Demon
Short Name: Aooni
Agree EULA is checked.

Edit: didn't notice it until late last night, but the 3DS/2DS system setup is listed in this post already! it is dead center of the first post.

Edit 2: I am beginning to think it has something to do with the application ID, only issue is, is that I don't know the valid range, and the documentation doesn't really state much about it.

Attachments

• title_menu.png
    title_menu.png
    115.1 KB · Views: 66

ManaOverkill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if homebrew games require a seed or something to bypass it, but generally Arm11 encountered when launching a game means, it's either missing a seed, games is from different region, or the game is corrupt.

A seed? Out of curiosity where can I locate this seed, would it be in the GodMode9 CCI viewer menu.

Edit: Disregard the above text, I just looked into it and know the basics of seed now, just curious, how would one go about creating a seed? or can you use a seed for any title for a custom CIA for homebrew?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu