Arkham City game corrupted? *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by misticknight, Oct 15, 2011.

Oct 15, 2011
  1. misticknight
    OP

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    So im playing Arkham City, everythings working fine so far, but i get up to the Ras Al Ghul level, after the last challenge, and theres a scene with Batman speaking to Talia Al Ghul and then bam, outta nowhere it stops the disc, says "the DLC on the disc is damaged, can not continue" and exits. Any idea whats up? This is the release i downloaded "Batman.Arkham.City.0800.RF.XBOX360-XPG".

2. sputnix

Member sputnix GBAtemp Fan

Bangladesh
    well your playing a rip so first check where you downloaded it and see if there is similar complaints, if no one else is having troubles then re-burn to see if it works, if it still doesn't work re-download. After that it still doesn't work try a different rip, not like your losing your saves

3. spiritofcat

Member spiritofcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I've heard of that problem happening to a few other people too.
    General consensus seems to be that it's caused by a burning error. Being an XGD3 game it's larger than a normal dual layer disc so it can be tricky to burn it right.
    Others also suggested that updating to the latest dashboard version solved the problem for them.

4. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    Would updating ruin my LT 2.0? I remember the last patch before this one killed my LT, i think i was on 1.6 then though.

5. Mantis41

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The latest update does not flash the drive.
    Have you checked your sec data with xval since the error?

6. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    Dont even know what that is tbh lol. Im going to try to instal lthe game to the harddrive, and then update my 360, hopefully that fixes it.

K i cant even install the thing, gives me an error everytime when it gets to 20%.

7. Mantis41

United States
    Xval is a small PC program. All you do is type in your xbox serial number and 16 digit x value into the appropriate boxes press decrypt and it will let you know if a security flag has been tripped.

[​IMG]

The x value and serial for your box can be found on the dashboard under My Xbox > System Settings > Console Settings > System Info.
    It is a valuable tool if you are ever thinking of buying a second hand box.

8. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    Oh if its t o check if im banned or wahtever i am and have been for a while. Im not trying to get online or buy DLC though, the game is just doing it by itself in offline mode. if i misunderstood and sound to n00by sorry lol.

9. Mantis41

United States
    Ok. I was just curious if a read error on XGD3 would trip a flag. I haven't tried one myself yet and I'm still on live.

10. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    Some people on a forum i wont mention incase i get banned, are sayng if burn the file again and change the layer break in the dvd file it will work, i deleted the game though after burning and cant recover it anymore. do you know if make a copy of this disc and reburn it with that layer break i would work, or will it not make a difference cause its a copy of an already 'corrupt" disc?

11. Mantis41

United States
    I think you will have to download again.

I found this
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

12. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    Ahh, well thanks for all the help man, guess ill just redownload. Unless u kno of A way i can recover deleted files too, i deleted
    It yesterday if t helps so it hasnt been too long( probAbly long shot though lol)

13. spiritofcat

Member spiritofcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Check your recycle bin. Maybe you can still recover it.

14. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    Lol nah i may appear to be real n00by from my previous posts but i know enough to check the recycle bin. i was hoping for more of a recomendation of one of those recovery programs, that actually work though (from the ones ive tried they dont, or they dont give enough info to know wtf you're recovering.) Anyways its done, i dont know when i can download it again though since my nets been capped, if i cant get it before the release i might just buy it.

15. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Try installing it to your HDD?

16. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    i tried, it crashed after 20% mark. it done the same withDark Souls and Rage too might have something to do with XGD3 cause i remember the older games installed with no problems, even after i was banned.