Ark: Survival Evolved is Coming to Nintendo Switch

3366152-ark.png

Ark: Survival Evolved is coming to the Nintendo Switch later this year, the developers just announced at GDC. The port will be handled by Abstraction Games.

Developer Wildcard revealed the surprise port as part of a live on-stage demo during the Unreal Engine keynote.

:arrow:ARK Official Site

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Just because it runs like a shit on other platforms doesn't mean should run shittier on the Switch, perhaps Abstraction Games could make an excelent work on the port as Panic Button did on DOOM port for the Switch. Consistent 30 fps is my bet for this port.
Uhhhhhhh.. Doom on the Switch was great but even now it struggles to maintain a consistent 30FPS... Abstraction seems to have figured something out with rendering to keep the workload minimal. I don't see a consistent 30FPS though.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
afaik they say the game is diferent builds and such from pc and consoles, and im guessing switch will be another build again so maybe we are lucky and they make a decent build, remnber on ps4 and xb1 they wanted to put everything the pc has to offer while on switch they know that isnt possible and arent aiming at best graphics and such.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because it runs like a shit on other platforms doesn't mean should run shittier on the Switch, perhaps Abstraction Games could make an excelent work on the port as Panic Button did on DOOM port for the Switch. Consistent 30 fps is my bet for this port.
But doom isnt even consistent 30 fps on switch, no matter how much "optimized" it is. And you want this to run at 30 when on a more powerful hardware runs like absolute crap? Suuuuuure dude, you have way too high hopes.

Unless this devs start downgrading the fuck out of these unoptimized piece of shit games, the switch version of every game like this one will runs even worse. UNLESS, the mobile versions are the ones getting ported and improved for the switch, THEN i could agree with you.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But doom isnt even consistent 30 fps on switch, no matter how much "optimized" it is. And you want this to run at 30 when on a more powerful hardware runs like absolute crap? Suuuuuure dude, you have way too high hopes.

Unless this devs start downgrading the fuck out of these unoptimized piece of shit games, the switch version of every game like this one will runs even worse. UNLESS, the mobile versions are the ones getting ported and improved for the switch, THEN i could agree with you.
like i said pc version is diferent from consoles and switch will even get a more diferent version i bet so who knows,, if they pot mobile version and improve au on it could be good, lets give them a chance to try.

Reactions: spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you.

like i said pc version is diferent from consoles and switch will even get a more diferent version i bet so who knows,, if they pot mobile version and improve au on it could be good, lets give them a chance to try.

Right!

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It does. I already have seen the gameplay footage. It seems to run 20 fps'ish and the frametiming is all over the place seeing it jitters a lot. It doesn't even run decent 60 fps 1080p on my 1080Ti so i do know what i'm talking about or are you assuming it would run the same as on my 1080 ti ?

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat