Arikado: The Wii Developer you probably forgot about retiring

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arikado (handle and pic from Castlevania: Aria of Sorrows)
twitterprofilepic.jpg

I figured this might be news for some than others
For those who were around when Arikado was on the forums (banned like 3 times) he was well known for his tools for hacking wii and porting emulators and what not to the Wii, well with some sad news he is hanging up the Wii development for now (6 months of silence from him). I was reading on my twitter feed and noticed his last blog post stating his retirement of hacking wii (link to blog post and some interesting info about him), as a quote asking him "I will truely never leave just but I feel bad having people asking me for Wii updates when I just cant contribute anymore :-("
some notable projects he contributed to the Wii homebrew scene
Dop-Mii or Dop-ISO-Mod
DeSmuMe Wii (DS emulator)
NullDCe
Heretic, HeXen, and Strife
ALLEGRO
WiirtualBoy and Mednafen for Wii
DOOM
Unreleased Hack: Arikado found 2 game save vulnerabilities, in Silent Hill Shattered Memories and Boom Bloxs (which i think there is one of those?

For those who liked him can remember the good times of him others well good luck to you​

he said he would like to come back and do WiiU and 3DS homebrew works when they have been hacked​

Those who hated him you have to give him props he is a dam good coder just being self-taught in C and C++ also his last blog post is a good read about how he got into programming and the work he has done

http://arikadosblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/final-blog-post.html

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really know who he is but, gosh, his last blog post has been a great read so far.

Inspiring for a 17 year old who really wants to get into programming.

EDIT: Oh boi he just said the 'temp sucks. :O

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Which site is the quote from?
Because as far as I know, it's not from gbatemp, he didn't get banned 3 times here.

He also contributed on more homebrew on Wii than the one listed, like Dop-Mii or DeSmuME Wii (DS emulator for Wii).

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Which site is the quote from?
Because as far as I know, it's not from gbatemp, he didn't get banned 3 times here.

He also contributed on more homebrew on Wii than the one listed, like Dop-Mii or DeSmuME Wii (DS emulator for Wii).
Thy why I left a nice comment on his blog asking for more info. I'm really curious on this one, too.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is the quote from his post
There was one particularly bad clone by WiiWu that was just a WAD Installer added on top of an old version of DOP-IOS MOD (note, NOT the DOP-Mii code base) with no credit whatsoever given to me. This ensued in quite a lot of heated argument from me over at GBATemp which resulted in me getting banned there (for my third time, actually).

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this sucks! So much for any chances of a proper Dreamcast emulator. He should at least release the source for NullDCe so that someone can continue his work. :(

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
here is the quote from his post
There was one particularly bad clone by WiiWu that was just a WAD Installer added on top of an old version of DOP-IOS MOD (note, NOT the DOP-Mii code base) with no credit whatsoever given to me. This ensued in quite a lot of heated argument from me over at GBATemp which resulted in me getting banned there (for my third time, actually).

Well, it seems like they were just suspensions and not really a ban... Anyway, he doesn't seem to have any resentful feelings against GBAtemp, and that's what I'm happy about.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slightly miffed he didn't mention me at all for dop-IOS MOD. I was the first person to work on that actually, I changed the IOS used from 249 to 35 (easily downgraded by CMDVDX34), and then to 36 following a request (easily patched by TBR). Someone then requested a menu for choosing the IOS to use, which Arikado wrote, which broke the app, and someone else (I can no longer remember who) pointed out to Arikado that the Wii remote had to be uninitiated before reloading IOS and reinitiated after.

Of course, I can't take much credit for the tool, my modification was extremely minor and took only seconds to do; but I do feel that if I hadn't decided to post my mod, dop-IOS MOD, and by extension dop-Mii, would never have happened.

No hard feelings though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water