Aria of Sorrow

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Jaejae, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Jaejae
    OP

Jaejae Superfly Don't Used

Sep 23, 2007
    New Zealand
    Auckland, New Zealand
    When I got my DS (September), I tried PoR, simply because everyone says it lags on some MicroSD cards using an R4.
    It worked fine on my 2GB Jap Kingston card, so I kept playing. I didn't really like it so I got rid of it.

Anyway I just "acquired" Aria of Sorrow, and I am really liking it, after I finish it, maybe I'll try DoS.

2. Nero

Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

Aug 11, 2007
    United States
    Yes.. Play DoS, it's a very good game.

PoR was alright.. Was it the setting that bothered you?

~Nero

3. SilentJi

SilentJi Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2007
    東京
    Personally, Dawn of Sorrow feels like a direct sequel to Aria of Sorrow. The magic's still there and it merely feels like a continuation of the same game (ergo, with a few new features added to the mix). Anyhow, the point is that Dawn of Sorrow gets my seal of approval, especially if you enjoyed Aria~ >_>

4. Jaejae
    OP

Sep 23, 2007
    New Zealand
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I really don't know, the first time I tried Metroid Zero Mission, I was bored within minutes. I got Fusion, and it is pretty sweet, and everyone says Zero Mission is better.
    Maybe I am just starting to apreciate the MetroidVania genre.
    If only Contra 4 had save points.... although that would ruin the Contra experience.

5. TanookiSuit

TanookiSuit GBAtemp Addict

Nov 11, 2004
    United States
    Louisville, KY
    I hated PoR too, sold the piece of junk.

It wasn't so much the 'theme' but the halfassed feel of the entire game in how a bunch of areas we so shoddily cobbled together into a game. It felt like a bunch of stupidly cut and pasted areas and just really didn't inspire me to give a shit. The wannabe platform tron lightcycles wannabe toggle fest was the final blow which had me sink it towards a game worth keeping. Sickens me really, it's the first CV game outside of the unfinished yet sold CV64 I happily ditched at a loss.

6. Nero

Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

Aug 11, 2007
    United States
    How.. That would totally take away the difficulty of Contra.

~Nero

7. Jaejae
    OP

Sep 23, 2007
    New Zealand
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Exactly, the difficulty is 90% of the Contra experience.

8. Kenshin2k

Kenshin2k GBAtemp Regular

Sep 24, 2007
    Gambia, The
    noone would play an easy shooter..it would be a playtime of 15 minutes...^^

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice