Hardware Argon 2 Modchip

Dteyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering if anyone here has personal experience with the Argon 2 chip. My friend is looking for a modchip for his Wii (he has no interest in softmodding), I said I'd look around for him. I found one at a retailer's site for $34.95 so it seems like a good deal, I just want to ask a few questions to make sure before I order it.

It looks like a solderless chip that just connects between the DVD drive and the mainboard on the Wii (kinda like FlatMii). Can anyone confirm this? I'm not very good with fine soldering which is why I was looking at this chip.

I was also looking at WiiKey+WiiClip combos, but this is slightly cheaper (by $5) and seems to have better compatibility (works on all models, not sure which model of drive my friend has). It also has the Argon channel which I personally wouldn't be interested, but I have a feeling my friend would like it.

Does anyone here have personal experience with this device? I'm not interested in hearsay or conjecture, I'd rather hear from someone who has actually bought and used one.

Dteyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.