Argh! SSBB won't work

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by DevilHands, Mar 17, 2008.

Mar 17, 2008

Argh! SSBB won't work by DevilHands at 12:07 PM (470 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. DevilHands
    OP

Newcomer DevilHands Member

United States
    Guys, I was able to successfully run the update from the SSBB disc. I was also able to successfully launch the game. However it always get a read disc error before even being able to reach the menu. I burned another one as I taught the disc might be the problem... but still it got a DRE at the same spot!

I just want to ask if this had to do with the media or my wii? I mean it was able to read the disc anyway... so does that mean my wii is the problem?

I have a wiikey btw

2. heat6jones

Member heat6jones GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think it's a problem with everything.

Dual layer discs aren't as easy to read it seems, but i scanned the dual layer disc i burned on in my computer and it had no trouble reading it and verified the disc was fine. I think it is related to the modchips, the wii laser, and the discs.

But you can't change the modchip or the wii laser easily, so try different discs. I am going to try a DVD-R DL soon, because all the DVD-R 5 games I burned for Wii play great.

A lot of people say that there is no problem and that people need to get better dvd burners and better dvd dl media, but most of us burn hundreds of dvds and dvd dls and they work in everything else. I'd ignore most of what people here say. You can find out if the media or DVD burner is good or not.