Aren't seasons supposed to last a year? (TV)

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
upload_2017-1-25_20-48-1.png

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Depends where you are in the world. The US, or at least the major networks there, tends not to stray too far from the 10-13 or 23-26 episodes is a "season" (UK English will tend to use series for season* and series for whole show too) and is usually broadcast between September and some time around Easter depending upon how many weeks break you had for all the US holidays. UK "seasons" might well be only 6 episodes and can happen anything from a few weeks apart to a few years ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Last_of_the_Summer_Wine_episodes ), perhaps longer still and that is before you consider Christmas specials. Go online and what gets called a season has even less meaning.

*"did you see series 2?" and "I saw this new series last night, it was awesome" both being phrases you might hear.

Reactions: smileyhead

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Depends where you are in the world. The US, or at least the major networks there, tends not to stray too far from the 10-13 or 23-26 episodes is a "season" (UK English will tend to use series for season* and series for whole show too) and is usually broadcast between September and some time around Easter depending upon how many weeks break you had for all the US holidays. UK "seasons" might well be only 6 episodes and can happen anything from a few weeks apart to a few years ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Last_of_the_Summer_Wine_episodes ), perhaps longer still and that is before you consider Christmas specials. Go online and what gets called a season has even less meaning.

*"did you see series 2?" and "I saw this new series last night, it was awesome" both being phrases you might hear.
Thank you for the explanation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn