Hacking Arena of valor on 4.1.0 (update need, online safe) ?

Claod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
My switch ofw is 4.1.0
I'm running SX OS as cfw...
I want to play on Arena of valor [ FREE GAME ] (online)
To download it I need to access the eshop, but I need to update my switch to do that...
So :
1 - Should I update my switch to download Arena of valor ?
2 - Is it safe to play online with my downloaded game from my official firmware even if I used sx os for some backups ?
Thank you

Matchitza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The others are right, don't update and don't play online with CFW.

Also, seriously, Arena of Valor? Just download it on your phone, I can't imagine playing a MOBA with joystick controls.

At least on your phone you just have to pay for data/WiFi.

Claod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello and thanks guys for your answers.
So use the official firmware, update it, download Arena of valor and play online from the offcial firmware seems too risky ?
If we used Sx OS once we can't play online anymore, even from the official firmware ? So it's like being already banned x) right ? It sucks x')
I just needed a confirmation for the "official firmware online" thing... So I can no longer use my switch online no matter the firmware ?

jajamundo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I know this is so controversial, but i'm gonna talk about it ANYWAY. Is your decisision

If you want you can start using SX 2.0 emunand. So you can have your emunand with all your backups and you can use OFW to play arena. But this mean you need to update your OFW to 6.0 and burn fueses

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello and thanks guys for your answers.
So use the official firmware, update it, download Arena of valor and play online from the offcial firmware seems too risky ?
If we used Sx OS once we can't play online anymore, even from the official firmware ? So it's like being already banned x) right ? It sucks x')
I just needed a confirmation for the "official firmware online" thing... So I can no longer use my switch online no matter the firmware ?
There is always a risk of getting banned when you take a console online, EmuNAND or not. The safest option is restoring a clean and hack-free NAND backup prior to going online. Without that, you risk getting banned. Whether or not you will be banned is left up to Nintendo.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
play on your phone or tablet.
your switch definitely will get ban if u play aov on it. or even during the aov update download phase...

Last edited by Sonansune,

Claod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I already play aov on IOS / ipad.
But with the switch => Tv is not the same size. And Switch means joycons also.
We still can't use a pc to share his network with the switch and block some informations from the pc... Or replace some informations in the switch requests from the pc : fake a firmware version, fake some device informations (ID, certificate data) so nintendo can't ban the switch because they use the faked ones.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I already play aov on IOS / ipad.
But with the switch => Tv is not the same size. And Switch means joycons also.
We still can't use a pc to share his network with the switch and block some informations from the pc... Or replace some informations in the switch requests from the pc : fake a firmware version, fake some device informations (ID, certificate data) so nintendo can't ban the switch because they use the faked ones.
current scene is not at that level yet..... or is it even possible on switch?

Claod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, as dev I think (with some time) I can :
Share wifi over an adhoc network... The switch will use this as internet access.
Create an app (for pc) to scan informations passing through... I just need to learn how to route all data traffic to be able to scan it properly.
Depending on those informations it may be possible to change some datas... So nintendo can't ban the switch for real. Like some kind of shield.
But yeah for now it's speculation, and it's out of the subject ^^'

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, as dev I think (with some time) I can :
Share wifi over an adhoc network... The switch will use this as internet access.
Create an app (for pc) to scan informations passing through... I just need to learn how to route all data traffic to be able to scan it properly.
Depending on those informations it may be possible to change some datas... So nintendo can't ban the switch for real. Like some kind of shield.
But yeah for now it's speculation, and it's out of the subject ^^'
fiddler

Claod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not really, I just don't know if those datas are crypted (ssl) or not, and if I can send them back after some modifications.
That's why my answer seems like a lie or a scam.
But in C# everything is quite easy. And about ssl, the key may be the console one (so we already got it).
:3 I love challenges

I just noticed you were refering to the tool, the sniffer x)
(y) sorry my brain was in 404 - maintenance

Last edited by Claod,

Geekyrulez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Does anyone know whether AoV use nintendo account to login? If not perhaps we can remove that part like the patched YouTube app.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know whether AoV use nintendo account to login? If not perhaps we can remove that part like the patched YouTube app.
The reason why YouTube could be patched is because the application itself is extremely insecure and doesn't perform checks like most games and other applications making patching anything other than YouTube next to impossible and not related to whether or not they use a Nintendo Account.

Reactions: ShonenJump

Geekyrulez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The reason why YouTube could be patched is because the application itself is extremely insecure and doesn't perform checks like most games and other applications making patching anything other than YouTube next to impossible and not related to whether or not they use a Nintendo Account.
Ah. That's why nobody attempts to. Guess I need to buy another switch.

Geekyrulez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Are you banned? Many of us are on CFW and not banned whilst playing online.
Yup banned. I sold my old switch and waited until the hack comes.
Then I bought from previous owner. I saw an AoV data with Edizon. I guess he was banned or I was banned when updating to 6.2.
I also thought the same. The ban seems random and seems not. When I was on 3ds, there was a ban wave but I was not affected at all and continued to access online update, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b