Gaming Are you worried that skyward sword will fail with WiiMotion+?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 7,917
  • Replies 65
D

Deleted User

OP
So I just started thinking about LoZ SW and it using WM+.

Do you guys think the game will be ruined by it?
Would you just prefer the regular wiimote movements?

In my honest opinion, I think the biggest downfall of the game will be the use of motion plus, I feel it shouldn't be used with a Game such as LoZelda.

I have a feeling the game will get penalized for its controls, which is usually core on a Zelda game.

Do you like the direction Nintendo is going with WM+ and first party Nintendo games, or do you think they should just stop while they are behind?

So yeah, while its too early to talk about the game in detail, I just want to hear everyones thoughts on Wii Motion Plus and if you think its a good/bad idea.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
The REAL fail of this game is it's directed by this guy:

Eiji-Aonuma-001.jpg

I DON'T believe him.

hakujintanuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Every Wii game I have played that was designed well with Wii controls has been natural and intuitive.

Wii Motion Plus only enhances that. Practically everything in Wii Sports Resort can be done naturally and effortlessly, if you picture yourself doing the actual thing.
Red Steel 2 was also quite remarkable and intuitive.

Wii Motion Plus will only make Zelda better and feel more immersive.

Guzzie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hakujintanuki said:
Every Wii game I have played that was designed well with Wii controls has been natural and intuitive.

Wii Motion Plus only enhances that. Practically everything in Wii Sports Resort can be done naturally and effortlessly, if you picture yourself doing the actual thing.

Thanks Nintendo PR
rolleyes.gif

Really? How much of Wii Sports Resort did you play?
For me the game consisted of alot of pausing to recalibrate the damn controller because it gets "confused". The whole thing seemed more fussy than intuitive.
If Zelda has that recalibration business I will be passing. Anyone remember the demo shown? They blamed it on stage conditions, but I think some of it was just motion plus being garbage.

M Dragon159

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guzzie said:
hakujintanuki said:

Thanks Nintendo PR
rolleyes.gif

Really? How much of Wii Sports Resort did you play?
For me the game consisted of alot of pausing to recalibrate the damn controller because it gets "confused". The whole thing seemed more fussy than intuitive.
If Zelda has that recalibration business I will be passing. Anyone remember the demo shown? They blamed it on stage conditions, but I think some of it was just motion plus being garbage.

most of the time when it messed up was when i went crazy with the sword fighting and paddle XD moved the controller everywhere, including behind me, and turned it, too. but that's why they included the option to press up on the D pad to recenter
if they allow the same thing for LoZ, then im alright

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People complaining about the WM+ annoy me. I'm pretty sure you can take 5 seconds to pause the game now and then to recalibrate. I mean even the Move has calibrating (I thought). If you don't want to calibrate with motion controls then go buy a Kinect, and then immediately regret that purchase because the Kinect is terrible.

It worked fine in Red Steel 2. It worked fine in Wii Sports Resort. It worked pretty well in Zangeki no Reginleiv. It should work fine in Skyward Sword.

I'm just worried if the game itself will be any good. The last two DS outings were pretty mediocre (in my opinion) and while Nintendo's latest line-up is good, none of it (DKCR, Kirby's Epic Yarn, etc) have blown me away.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I don't think it will, I've never had any problems with my M+.
I've noticed a lot of the people who do have problems have them because they do some wild and crazy movements instead of just doing it in a more natural way...
I guess the only other way it could "fail" is by people complaning about how they hate moving and all that, but that's because a lot of gamers are big fat lazybums
tongue.gif

bceagles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
People complaining about the WM+ annoy me. I'm pretty sure you can take 5 seconds to pause the game now and then to recalibrate. I mean even the Move has calibrating (I thought). If you don't want to calibrate with motion controls then go buy a Kinect, and then immediately regret that purchase because the Kinect is terrible.

It worked fine in Red Steel 2. It worked fine in Wii Sports Resort. It worked pretty well in Zangeki no Reginleiv. It should work fine in Skyward Sword.

I'm just worried if the game itself will be any good. The last two DS outings were pretty mediocre (in my opinion) and while Nintendo's latest line-up is good, none of it (DKCR, Kirby's Epic Yarn, etc) have blown me away.

This, except Kinect is remarkably accurate when used properly.

And by properly, I mean, without a dog in front of you, with light, and using common sense. Yeah, about 95% of the time I have no issues with it, and that 5% is when I realize that Kinect does need light to work, so I just turn the light on and it works. Yay.

On topic, I think WM+ is a fabulous thing and I can only seeing it help Skyward Sword. And to those who think WM+ screwed up at the presentation, well, it did. But that's because of the lighting and a ton of technical issues, etc. The reporters who used it behind the scenes said it worked fine.

Also, at least Nintendo had the balls to do a live presentation ~ Kinect and, if I remember correctly, the Move both used very, very fake presentations. Kinect's was laughably fake.

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah I don't know what you guys are doing wrong but I've only ever had to recalibrate the WM+ about 3 times since I've had a couple since launch. Since the they've gone through many games of Wii Sports Resort and a full play through of Red Steel 2

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always dreamed of a game like Zelda being realistic in controls like this. I don't think this will be like the DS games (I really hope not) because every console Zelda has been good for the most part. This game is taking a lot of development time, they're putting effort into this. Zelda prints money, prints even more money if it's mindblowingly awesome.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only concern I have for controls in this game is the archery. I preferred the accuracy of IR to the motion controlled archery of wii sports. When you get your arm up your characters goes all crazy until you calibrate to see down the "scope." i never liked that. IR is much more reliable to me. Everything else should be great though.

NoOneDies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope, that fishing is not as annoying as it was on TP

Kinda took me like 6 hours on my first run to catch that fucking fish
mad.gif
not to mention the other couple of hours for the second one
frown.gif

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
I'd much rather have a MotionPlus for use in any game rather than utilizing the clunky, not-very-accurate, default Wii remote controls. I trust the developers will make it so the game will work well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.