chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you tired of the 3DS hardware?

It seems many of the gbatemp have become 3dsTired. Has the 3DS spiked and become the Wii?

ewin00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i vote yes, oh man you see most games of nintendo really ugh what should i say, errrr it just so eww. the devs seems like making a low cost game for this 3ds handheld. come on now nintendo dont be like a way behind from sony in the terms of hardware and ofcourse i want to see a nice graphic on the next nintendo handheld.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As I have said many times now I reckon

1) The 3ds has an awful commercial library. It has been 4 years since the release of it and most of the devs I liked on the GBA and DS have moved on to greener pastures
2) Not much homebrew potential: it is outclassed in basically every way by modern phones and tablets, and was outclassed basically from day 1, ease of coding is not there either.
3) 3ds ROM hacking could intrigue me but most of it seems to be the same with a bit more 3d. Though the kicking it old school methods that people are using to find cheats does have a certain appeal in the "I still use hand tools" way.
4) The hacking/homebrew side of things is rather unfocused. I look back on the DS and think if I only knew then what I know now, courtesy of the points above I sit here and think that I really can not be bothered with the 3ds. Thankfully we have been spared ego driven nonsense thus far.

To answer the poll. I will take a new one, though I have no great desire to see Nintendo's efforts in it -- I do not actually play Nintendo handhelds for Nintendo first party games and those of devs they own.

Reactions: chartube12

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, It's the only handheld I have and the only "console" I own, other than that, I have my PC that does everything else. I bought it strictly for Pokemon and Zelda games and that's what I've used it for: Pokemon and Zelda... it serves no other purpose to me than that.

Reactions: Maximilious

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, I'm still using an old vanilla 3DS and it seems fine to me. I don't need better graphics. As long as the games are smooth and enjoyable, then I'm fine with it. I would like to see some new games, though. Maybe a new sidescrolling Metroid game and better third-party support.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
It's certainly more troublesome to hack than the DS, but that's why I think it's so alluring.

Android? Tablets? Phones? Yick. There's no fun in running code on open systems (unless it's to hack a closed system :P). Hacking is making something do what it isn't supposed to do -- that's where the fun is.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's no fun in running code on open systems (unless it's to hack a closed system :P). Hacking is making something do what it isn't supposed to do -- that's where the fun is.

Though I have certainly seen definitions of hacking I disagree with more I am still going to have to disagree with that.
Skip to around 12 minutes in, it details the story of how GPS/what later became GPS was made.

Also

The above was deliberately playing within the bounds of the API.

Reactions: Maximilious

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate made me spend some unhealthy-long time on my console... I have a metric-shit-ton of projects to do and yet I am here playing on my 3DS.

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only had the 3DS since this January and I'm getting a bit tired of it. I don't like the operating system and most games, well, the ones that didn't get worse, are only incrementally--not mind-blowingly--better than the NDS.

So, 5 years since the 3DS came out and the hombrew/flaschcart scene is far from mature. I wonder how much longer it will take...i.e. before nintendo makes something new and stops caring about this device family? I'm sick of Sky, Gateway, and the e-shop. I like how with GBA, you just physically buy your aftermarket game, stick it in and it works. Even got a decent flashcart, assuming you can find someplace that still sells it! No wifi, street crap, spot piss, social networking Miiii rubbish, or online updates.

A big part of why I like console gaming (over PC games) was the plug-n-play. Seems like the result of lots of hard work, both on the nintendo side and on the hacking side, is making the 3DS as flakey and screwed-up as your typical office PC. Forget having an operating system, suspend/resume, netflix/assbook clients, dumb PDA software: all efforts should concentrate on hardware and game design, not stupid frills nobody asked for.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope. The 3ds is great and with the NEw 3ds that has daul sticks. It will open up new games for FPS without using the touchscreen.

The only thing is there is a lack of games out.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not really tiered of it, but it is probably the most disappointing Nintendo handheld ever considering its game library.
Well, actually my expectations were just too much after the unexpected awesomeness that the NDS was.
PS: Don't even try to call the Virtualboy a handheld, that thing was not made to be held in your hands.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it