Are you still using any hardware that came out more than a decade ago? What for?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
My graphing calculator came out some time in the 1990's, but now I just emulate it on my phone. (It's a TI-83 Plus) I also have several game consoles and handhelds I still use daily. I also use a 2012 laptop from time to time. Most of my tech is 5 to 7 years old that I use daily though, like my computers.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, my old sac of bones was made on late 70's am still working "fine"

And mine in the Late 50's. And still running sorta ok :):rofl2:

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In a world of constantly updated hardware and consumerism, some people decide to keep on using the things they bought so long ago that they’re considered obsolete. More specifically, I want to talk about technology. Are you still using old computers, consoles, phones? What for?

I’m still using my 3DS as an alarm clock (thank you SmileBASIC) and I don’t plan to replace it anytime soon :)
Oh for sure. I still use stuff from the early 2000s.

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, the Amiga 500 Plus computer.
car_sbd_190321_57.jpg

nah like but have you removed this nasty fuck that wants to eat your Amiga 500 Plus Computer

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Mine already has this removed.
I had that trouble in a lot of old PCs back on the 90's, as part of my "Y2K" package I Include replacing that alkaline batteries with CR2032 on socket.

Back then I did make some money selling to communitary schools on downtown, packages to become all legal licensees and prepare their computers to Y2K, I did more than 600 PC BIOS firmware and battery upgrades, then replacing pirate D.O.S./Windows/MS Office with Linux/OpenOffice installed from "central server" on boot via TFTP, so no one computer get corrupted again, and updates was made only on one image. the old times.

Last edited by impeeza,
Reactions: SylverReZ

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
  • My SNES and games for these games were probably the last games that i can call fun.
  • My light bulbs for they still work just fine.
  • My vacuum cleaner.
  • My electronic powertools like solder iron, impact drill, jigsaw, etc...

• Love

toolazytosearchitmyself

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I turned my Wii U on for a few minutes a few months ago but that's it. I don't use any decade old hardware because it's obsolete.

My New 3DS will turn 10 next year. There's still two more games I want to play on actual hardware but only because I don't have a 3D TV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM