Hacking Are you sticking with the manufacturer or moving on?

Bobwayne17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only flashcart of all time has been the CycloDS Evolution. It is so easy to use for me, and I love it.

My question is, should I go with the iEvo to keep supporting this great team, or move on to what everyone seems to think is the best, Supercards DStwo?

Bearpowers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always supported the card with the best support/features

My first card was a CycloDS but now I use a DSTWO

I hope Supercard or Cyclo make a quality card for 3DS when it's first cracked

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tend to go with whatever has the best features for what i want. You will find my friend that "Brand" loyalty will get you nowhere and often times you will be taken for granted by these companies.

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There's no use sticking with the same manufacturer really. The best developments usually come from within the community anyway. I really can't imagine AceKard without AKAIO and other cards had to rely on Wood etc. to stay up to date too. Just take the card that offers the most for the least money. That's AceKard for me, but I recently got a SCDS2 to try out the emulation (and battery life) and see if I can ditch my DS Lite.

Bobwayne17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the SCDS2 even emulate on the DS lite?

If so, I might buy one now and try it out before I buy the 3DS just for that and SF.

Bobwayne17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it only like 40$? That seems fairly cheap for everything they are offering. Looks like I'm ordering one my next paycheck if it will work on my DS Lite and I'll be able to emulate it up. That's awesome.

Bobwayne17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Last I checked there was no GBA emulator for the iEvolution that could play retail games at normal speeds.

I meant I would get the Supercard DS2 if that will let me emulate GBA games, that's awesome and a much better idea than sticking with the same brand.

Would you guys say a Supercard DS2 for emulation and hopefully someday 3DS roms and a 3DS would be a good investment?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The GBA emulation isn't perfect, I'd read some reviews and such before deciding on a DSTwo, but it's pretty much the ultimate cart right now.

We don't know which carts (if any) will play 3DS ROMs. It looks bad for all of them right now.

But yes, the DSTwo will work on the 3DS (in DS mode).

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ATM SC DSTWO is the better cart. If/when the iEvo can play games in DSi mode on 3DS, that might change. That is, however, if Team SC doesn't get DSi mode.

unseen4ce

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Isn't it only like 40$? That seems fairly cheap for everything they are offering. Looks like I'm ordering one my next paycheck if it will work on my DS Lite and I'll be able to emulate it up. That's awesome.

Yeah price isn't really an issue when your talking about $40 for the best.
I decided on SCDSTwo because it has better support than cyclods as well as more features.

QUOTEWould you guys say a Supercard DS2 for emulation and hopefully someday 3DS roms and a 3DS would be a good investment?

Yes, I prefer this over my xbox, I find the games easier to get into, and more addictive and fun. I would use it mainly for ds games rather than emulation because I hate having to carry all my ds games around. So it is good that you can backup all your games on one card.

Also the Limited Edition GBA temp Supercard DSTwo is still available at 0shippingzone and mygamingcard.net, it just looks better. I ended up ordering from China (0SZ) just to get the limited edition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?