Are you satisfy with Gran Turismo 5?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by fancysky016, Dec 4, 2010.

1. fancysky016
    OP

fancysky016 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2010
    United States
    Are you satisfy with Gran Turismo 5?

well, when i firstly get the GT5, i was so exciting, but at very first beginning, i am not so fond of it, because the loading time is actually too long.

and the car is not driving so crazy exciting to me..

Now i am at ranking 4, and get a good car, somewhat feeling good now.

so how's your GT5?

2. MrDiesel

MrDiesel GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2010
    Belgium
    My PC :)
    I'm probably getting it someday.

Some videos give me the feeling it looks great and will look wonderful on our TV. Other videos give me the feeling the graphics are kinda less than expected.

To know the truth, I'll have to buy it [​IMG]

3. ThatDudeWithTheFood

ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

Mar 9, 2009
    United States
    Illuminati
    The graphics are absolutely breathtaking and is there really any reason to worry about graphics?

4. shadowkillerdrag

shadowkillerdrag GBAtemp Regular

Sep 27, 2007
    United States
    I did the big ass install thing and it loads pretty well for me.
    Its pretty fun and looks great. There are minor things like iffy shadows tho, but it doesnt detrac from the full experience.
    Good game overall i would say about a 9.

5. MrDiesel

MrDiesel GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2010
    Belgium
    No, there isn't, but many are complaining about it not looking nice enough. Probably Forza fanboys. They are kinda childish, like rating 1/10 and saying Forza rules [​IMG]

Yeah, I've also noticed in videos that the shadows look a bit "granular" (don't know the right word for it [​IMG]).. I could have played the game in my local game store, but I was in a rush [​IMG]

6. pitoui

pitoui GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 1, 2006
    I don't know. The graphics just don't do it for me. Although the interier view for the premium cars is amazing.

I've only played for a total of around 30mins so I'll definitely have to dig in after work. But so far the game hasn't wowed me.

7. synce

synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

Nov 5, 2009
    United States
    Meh... I always felt the best GT games were 1 and 3. They didn't feel so bloated, and neither one cut so many corners (the standard cards should really be called sub-standard)

8. Mushkin

Mushkin GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2007
    Portugal, Porto
    Hi, yap the shadows look granular a bit and if your driving a premium car, e looks good, the standard ones not so that, and i have also forza 3, don't get me wrong gt5 still a awsome game, but i got spoiled with forza, and therefore, got higher standards [​IMG]

9. SinHarvest24

SinHarvest24 Shiroyasha

Oct 8, 2010
    Chad
    Anywhere you think of me.
    A patch has been announced fixed some minor bugs and shadows. Full patch details have not been released yet.

10. MrDiesel

MrDiesel GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2010
    Belgium
    Today a damage patch was released (but only option within online). Is this true, or can it be switched on immediantly in arcade mode too?

11. ThePowerOutage

ThePowerOutage The Lord of the Flyes

Mar 23, 2009
    Vallhallah
    I'm not dissapointed with it.
    The graphics are breathtaking-though there is a small issues with shadows it dosent take away from game play. Even non premium cars look detailed with their Hight taken into consideration and badges on the back.
    It'm first GT game and I i think it's better than Forza.
    GT series is kinda like marmite, you love it or hate it.

12. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Worry? No. Care? Yes.

If graphics didn't matter, people wouldn't give such a major shit about HD. Basically, people want to get what they paid (or didn't pay) for. It's not rocket science.