TEMPORARY MODE ENABLED  
?
  1. Prepaid

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Contract (got my phone with said contract)

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Contract(got my phone somewhere else)

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Do not have either and just use wi-fi or ask others for data

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Do not have either or a phone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 9 voter(s)
  1. Deleted User

OP Deleted User Newbie

just curious, most people i know locally are prepaid, im a few of the ones with contract, and one of the fewer whose phone is not part of said contract

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    No contract or prepaid because most carriers in the US r no contract now and then u have prepaid phones u buy at like Wal-Mart the no contract is if u cancel your plan u just owe rest of thst months bill and equipment remander cost no ETF's

Last edited by Shadow#1, Sep 14, 2020
    Deleted User likes this.
  3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    same. no contract or prepaid. speaking of which, I need a new phone, since mine has issues with the internet.

Deleted User likes this.
  4. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy #JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
    Global Moderator

United States
    +1 to no contract post-paid. I own my phone outright from the get go, and refuse to enter into a contract for phone or internet service, but I get billed at the end of every month.

Deleted User likes this.
  5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    There are three main flavours in the UK

Contract (can be with a phone/phone upgrades or just for a sim). This is the classic we own your arse for now about 24 months or even 36 (you might find 18 or 12 somewhere) and will give you this many phone minutes (save for certain numbers), text messages and data (unlimited it a thing that kind of still exists outside legacy contracts but it is not so easy to get).

Pay monthly.
    A relatively new invention. Here you buy a thing that expires unless you pay more to keep it going. Not as good a deal as contract in terms of raw costs for services available but better than the traditional pay as you go model.

Pay as you go, presumably what prepaid is for the US.
    Here you buy credit in phone shops, newsagents, over the phone, supermarkets... costs for calls, data (which tends to expire at the end of the month) and text being considerably higher than.
    Compared to above such things are readily available -- you wander into most phone shops, many newsagents, some supermarkets and plenty of places in between and have a selection of networks (though getting smaller by the year as they buy each other) to pick from for £1 per sim card, maybe £10 if you want some credit at the same time.

Some pay as you go things will have expiring deals so you can pay £10 and buy a block of data bigger than a regular £10 update, or a block of text messages that expires at the end of the month.

If I am ever compelled to have a phone for a week or something it will be pay as you go (people call me if they want me), sometimes if someone is here for a few months on holiday then we might do the pay monthly (teaser offers are often a month which is then fine for weeks or possibly even 3 months initial which is fine for most holidays).
    I don't have a phone though -- can't see the need and don't desire to be able to be contacted 24/7. Even if I do have one for a week or something then it will usually sit on the bedside table or whatever as a glorified landline.

Deleted User likes this.
  6. alexander1970

Austria
    Phone and Internet -> Pay monthly. this.gif

Deleted User and depaul like this.
  7. depaul

depaul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    If you find an attractive contrat go for it. It's cheaper in the long run.
    I've a 10 euros/month 2-years contract which covers all my phone + internet needs. You usually get a phone as a bonus too.

Last edited by depaul, Sep 14, 2020
    Deleted User likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - contract, prepaid,