Hacking Are you making your R4 your permanent flash cart?

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changed mine after 2 weeks, was a pain in the ass, more recently having to 'clean up' games to work with it makes it even more of a pain. Gonna stick with DSTT/SCDS1 now, SCDS1 for me, DSTT as the 'Oh, you need a flashcart?" flashcart, for others >_> I used to use R4 for that cause it was a cheaper option but DSTTs being 6 bucks changes this a lot.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Well since I had an R4 for like a year and so, it's still working good. I just got a Cyclo DS last christmas...the R4 is not my flashcard but it can be useful for playing other DS games. like TWEWY and Castlevania: OoE

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well it's my only flashcart until an important game (like a new zelda) doesn't run at all, but I think that will not happen with YSMenu + DSTT firmware constantly updated.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pitman said:
I have a R4 for over a year.
I'll replace it only when it brakes.QUOTE(Yuan @ Feb 16 2009, 11:33 AM) Well it's my only flashcart until an important game (like a new zelda) doesn't run at all, but I think that will not happen with YSMenu + DSTT firmware constantly updated.
Same here.
In fact, until I run into a game that won't work on the default firmware I'll stick with R4's v1.18.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm using an R4 clone for 6 months now and it only happened once that I couldn't play a game.
So I stick with R4. (It's also very hard to get flashcards in Belgium so...)

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Never even bothered with the R4 since i got into the whole DS thing in 2008 (and at that time there was better flashcards with better features i.e. SDHC being one of them), so many clones, and fakes these days, plus i don't think you can find the originals these days that much.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had my R4 since 2007. I'll buy a new one when the newer games stop working. I might also buy a DSi when that time comes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1