Are you happy with your screen wobbling?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by DeadlyFoez, Mar 31, 2011.

?

Are you happy that your screen wobbles as your trying to play games?

1. Yes, I'd rather it wobble.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I want it to not move when I play my games.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. My screen doesn't wobble.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DeadlyFoez
    OP

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Ok, so some users would rather that there screen wobble as a safeguard so the hinges don't break. Others would rather the screen not wobble at all and would wish that N would just come up with a better design.

Where do you stand? Whats your opinion?

Please vote in the poll.

2. dinofan01

dinofan01 Misses the old days...

Jul 4, 2008
    United States
    I would prefer no wobble but its not too terrible where its anything more than a minor annoyance. Ive only noticed in intense games like street fighter and when your trying to align your face to the camera (which is a pain in the ass for me!).

3. Nebz

Nebz The N00b

Jul 1, 2010
    United States
    Rhode Island
    Shouldn't it be more like "Yes, but I do not mind". I don't think anyone really prefers it to wobble....

4. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Wouldn't "Yes, It doesn't really effect anything." or "The wobble isn't bad enough to effect game play" be better?

Something along those lines.

If you "DeadlyFoez" are referring to me I'm not trolling anyone.

Plus wording can trip up people.

I feel like I'm the one being trolled.

5. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    ..it's not like im shaking my 3DS too much when im playing SSF4......

6. Nebz

Nebz The N00b

Jul 1, 2010
    United States
    Rhode Island
    That works also lol

7. DeadlyFoez
    OP

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    I worded it like that because some people say that they would rather it be able to wobble because otherwise they think that the hinge is too tight and it will break. Plus, I don't care about the wording, I'm just trying to prove a point so a certain someone can get off my ass and quit trolling me.

8. spinal_cord

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
    MY screen doesn't wobble any more than my DSi screen. I don't usually throw my DS around when playing games anyway.

9. Rampart

Rampart Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    The wobble got progressively worse from day 1 and so did the squeaking/creaking associated with the wobble. It felt like both problems were just going to get worse so I had to return it for a full refund.

I lost my trust in this 3DS design and now I'm forced to wait for the next one which might be 2+ years from now. I may purchase one if I see that Nintendo acknowledges the faulty design and changes their hinge setup.

10. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Mine has no problem, you was just unlucky. :/

11. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2008
    I would prefer it didn't wobble, but I understand it's a necessity for the screen to stay attached, and be closeable.

12. 431unknown

431unknown Greatness Awaits

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    My screen don't wobble, so I have no idea what you guys are complaining about.

13. RNorthex

RNorthex GBAtemp Fan

Nov 22, 2010
    United States
    my has 0 problems as well
    if i really, reaaaaaaaaaaaaally have to say sth bad about it, the "L" button has like 10% less clicky feel to it

14. DeadlyFoez
    OP

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Well, the poll say it all and I think I should have made my point to the person who kept trolling me. Maybe this troll will finally get off my ass and just realize that he was wrong.

15. Slyakin

Slyakin See ya suckers

Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    Soviet Slyakin
    I don't see why people are whining; My 3DS has the exact same "wobble" as my DS Lite and DSi.

It doesn't affect gameplay for me.

16. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    My 3DS screen only "wobbles" if I deliberately shake it, and I have to really shake it.
    It's not loose at all, not for me anyway.

17. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    The Courtroom
    I think this is what you meant, but I agree, I think mine wobbles, but it doesn't bother me. It wobbles just as much as my DS' did, which was only when it was voluntary.

18. Master Mo

Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Nov 22, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Man Mo Temple
    As far as I experienced the built quality of Nintendo DSes somehow differs pretty much from console to console. For some the screen wobbled more then for others or sometimes there was a klicking-sound when opened and sometimes there wasn`t and so on...

I`m not sure if that is also the case with the 3DSes (obviously I only had one yet and hopefully it will stay that way [​IMG]) but mine is really steady. When shut it is like rock-hard folded, in contrary to my Lite, which went down a little when I`ve holded it upside down. And even when opened there is only a slight hint of wobbling.

But I agree that if it is too much it can be a pain, though I think the 3DS is really not as wobbly as the other DSes.

19. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    [youtube]jRxiwHiqqoQ[/youtube]

And I'd rather it not wobble at all. It's not impossible to build a hinge that won't wobble and also won't crack. This is just Nintendo making excuses.

20. Dead End

Dead End GBAtemp Fan

Mar 12, 2009
    United States
    Rockford IL.
    Mine doesn't Wobble, but when closed the Lid/Top Screen Moves left and right a little...

EDIT: After seeing the vid above.. I think mine does wobble but only if I do it myself which isn't much of a problem to me...