Are you happy with the Wii price?

Are you happy with the price of the Wii in your country?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Impartial

• Total voters

Skyhunterjim

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
What I was most disappointed is that they didn't deny it.

That's usually Microsoft's policy to neither deny nor confirm.

I was expecting Nintendo would try a different way.

Anyway, I was very excited all these weeks and I felt a bit tricked.

Hopefully, Wii will go well so that the other consoles drop their prices too.If it doesn't, I guess they 'll be more than happy to keep them sky-high.

I thought Spong was accurate.I didn't know it was infamous for spreading wrong news!Sorry to hear that, but thanks for clearing that up!
wink.gif

walkir

Child of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
The price on the console is okay in Europe... I could pay a lil more than the US price... But, since the games are quite expensive in Europe, I will probably import anyway. Especially now when there's a rumour (UK spelling
wink.gif
) that the Wii will be region locked.

European releases will probably lag behind as well, so I don't see any reason why I should pay more to get less. Many releases in Europe are 5-6 months behind the US release and about a year behind the Japanese release date. And the games selection is pretty bad too.

I want to be able to play Japanese games (The original Katamari Damacy never got released in Europe) and I want to be able to play online with English speaking ppl.

In Europe it's hard enough to find someone to play online with , and then they usually speak German, Franch, Italian, Polish etc. Nothing wrong with that, but I prefer English.

Just imagine Animal Crossing in Europe...

Btw, when it comes to Nintendo DS, I've only bought one game in Europe... the rest (6 games) are imported.

Can someone tell that I hate the video games market in Europe?
wink.gif

A final note... I would be surprised if the European version of Wii will be shipped with a Component cable. It will probably just be a Composite cable. Europe is way behind when it comes to HDTV. If you compare an European Sony Bravia KDL-V2000 with the US version, you'll notice that the US version is a better product.

Europe: pay more - get less!

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is kinda off topic, but I'd rather post it here than start a new topic.

Can anyone else wait for all the stories of people throwing their remotes at the tv by playing Wii Sports? I mean, theres so many chances. Throwing a baseball, rolling the bowling ball, jabbing your fist at the screen...

It's going to be awesome

Shadowhunta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I voted no!..and my valid points are outlined below:

1)Release date and cost : why the HELL should we in europe have to wait 1-2 months after everyone else before getting it?? AND THEN nintendo drive the knife in further by charging us more for the priviledge of having to wait!!...sorry but in my mind nintendo is driving away some of its best customers/fans by not sticking to the £150 mark that was announced some time ago...

2)FIFTY QUID FOR A FOOKING CONTROLLER????? are Ninty taking the piss?? now i know people will say "but the wiimote is only £30?!?" yes,good point..but who in their right mind is going to buy a wiimote WITHOUT the nunchuk addon??...oh and who's betting nintendo change the name from "Nunchuk" to something else,because of stupid british laws..

3)£3-£7 for games that are over TEN YEARS OLD?? and we don't even get a physical representation for that price?? again are Ninty taking the piss out of us all??? i can pick up N64 games for a couple of quid each,IN A BOX and an N64 console for about 20 quid!!!..again nintendo is stabbing its biggest fans in the back..why not simply do package deals? like £5 for 15 nes games or 10 snes games or 5 N64 games?!? they would make ALOT more money by doing it that way..or even release compendiums of the classic games...like £30 for the top 50 snes games on a dvd or £30 for the top 20 N64 games...they could have done it alot better but instead are choosing to overcharge for OUTDATED software.

4)My final point is possibly the most decisive factor for me...why only release it in white ffs??!!? what about those of us that want color co-ordination with our DSL's?? they could have AT LEAST released it in black or white...hell even the GC came out in black or purple!!..soooo good old NintenFORD have decided on the old addage "you can have any color you want..as long as its white!"..thats bollocks,and it WILL prevent me from buying one until they release the rest of the color range.

Sorry if this seems like a moan,just pointing out some little flaws in ninty's gameplan.

Tony

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
now that i heard that it is NOT region free as everyone was thinking before i would say no as well ...

if it would have been Region free I would say its ok till we can get any games from everywhere without any annoying freeloader or whatever ...

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong

1)Release date and cost : why the HELL should we in europe have to wait 1-2 months after everyone else before getting it?? AND THEN nintendo drive the knife in further by charging us more for the priviledge of having to wait!!...sorry but in my mind nintendo is driving away some of its best customers/fans by not sticking to the £150 mark that was announced some time ago...

2)FIFTY QUID FOR A FOOKING CONTROLLER????? are Ninty taking the piss?? now i know people will say "but the wiimote is only £30?!?" yes,good point..but who in their right mind is going to buy a wiimote WITHOUT the nunchuk addon??...oh and who's betting nintendo change the name from "Nunchuk" to something else,because of stupid british laws..

3)£3-£7 for games that are over TEN YEARS OLD?? and we don't even get a physical representation for that price?? again are Ninty taking the piss out of us all??? i can pick up N64 games for a couple of quid each,IN A BOX and an N64 console for about 20 quid!!!..again nintendo is stabbing its biggest fans in the back..why not simply do package deals? like £5 for 15 nes games or 10 snes games or 5 N64 games?!? they would make ALOT more money by doing it that way..or even release compendiums of the classic games...like £30 for the top 50 snes games on a dvd or £30 for the top 20 N64 games...they could have done it alot better but instead are choosing to overcharge for OUTDATED software.

4)My final point is possibly the most decisive factor for me...why only release it in white ffs??!!? what about those of us that want color co-ordination with our DSL's?? they could have AT LEAST released it in black or white...hell even the GC came out in black or purple!!..soooo good old NintenFORD have decided on the old addage "you can have any color you want..as long as its white!"..thats bollocks,and it WILL prevent me from buying one until they release the rest of the color range.

Sorry if this seems like a moan,just pointing out some little flaws in ninty's gameplan.

Tony

1) I feel sorry for you guys getting shafted. Sucks waiting when everyone else has it. Btw, can you please provide a link where Nintendo announced it was £150 before? I'm curious.

2) I think that it's pretty weird they're charging separately for the Nunchuk. I lol'd eventhough I didn't get what the stupid british law thing is.

3) If you can buy all that, you should buy that instead of purchasing games in VC. I think the point of VC was to reintroduce games that are not published anymore to newer audiences and for people who already have them enjoy them (and not consider them as OUTDATED) to play them again without the hassle of turning on a different console. Stabbing biggest fans in the back? I don't think so. Since the biggest fans would have the games and the systems already. Anyway, if you think it's still Nintendo's BS, just download an emulator and a ROM haha.

4) The most decisive factor for you. lol. If you don't want white. Just wait for it. I'm sure Nintendo will release different colors (and MFin' limited editions) in the future. See DS.

As weird as it looks/sounds: I'm glad you're not happy. I hope this will not make you purchase a Wii at launch.
(Oh and that meant no offence, I'm just hoping you'll wait. You know... for color you like, a hopeful cheaper price for you, etc.)

Oh and I think it's a moan rather than "valid points" or "flaws in ninty's gameplan". Nintendo is planning to make massive money and I think their plan is somewhat working. (Well at least for me that is... damn stupid DS colors @#$@#$)

EDIT:
now that i heard that it is NOT region free as everyone was thinking before i would say no as well ...

if it would have been Region free I would say its ok till we can get any games from everywhere without any annoying freeloader or whatever ...

Oh yeah, that's one of the biggest screw-ups especially that they did say it was region-free. Especially for you guys in Europe who seems to get long as delays from getting games due to translation or whatnot.
frown.gif

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Woah, Orc, you just made me realize something when you said ROMs there. Since the Wii uses SD cards, I can see it being very likely that the will be some nifty emulators for this baby out here. And I'm als going to guess that GCOS is going to work here too! Yay!

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Tony

Fifty quid is a lot for a controller. If I ever get one I'm just sticking to using one of my gamecube controllers as a second controller. Don't forget though I think the price is £35 for a wireless 360 controller and £15 for the recharge pack with usb lead to recharge it.

I aso agree that the prices of the games are too expensive as well. But don't forget people paying £8 for a crap game on xbox 360 arcade arn't helping with prices. Nintendo could have let us have the N64 games for £1 each since they're not making money from them anymore. It would serve Nintendo right if someone managed to find a way to put all the roms on SD card for free.

trevbreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not.

Here in Australia we are paying $399 AUD. When I convert the US price into Australian dollars it works out to be $330 AUD.

Why the hell are we paying $70 AUD more than the Americans for the same thing?

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Tony

I agreed with all of that. I think I read somewhere about xbox production costs getting cheaper due to manufacturer savings for being out so long. I wouldnt be surprised if the core system managed to match the price of the Wii. Then if you are really cashed strapped, you can easily later expand your xbox when you save enough for the hard drive, which is getting ever cheaper.
I think ms lauch strategy was really effective.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Tony

1) 3 weeks after US and 1 week after Japan, thats not bad. Nintendo hadn't put an maximum price as they had done for US and Japan months ago, some publications guessed at £150 due to exchange rates, but we have awful taxes.

2) The controller is a little over priced but there is more in it than other wireless controllers which retail at around £35.

3) There are some games that sell for alot of money due to the rarity. Plus there is the added advantage of not having to buy another consoles. If all you want is a few games or some of the rare games then it is worth while.

4) The gamecube was released originally released (in japan) in purple with spice and jet black being added later. For the US launch these colours had been in production and nintendo were able to offer a choice. At the moment it is ineffiective to offer different colours, get the wrong colour ratio and its a disaster. The shipments of the Wii are less for the first 3 months of next year than between launch and the end of this year, I believe this is because Nintendo are going to release atleast one more colour around March. Nintendo themselves had stated that they will release more colours after March 2007.

EDIT: Just remember the prices could be much worse, and if the PS3 and Xbox 360 were sold at cost this would seem really cheap.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If microsoft decide to bring the xbox 360 core down to £179.99 and throw in a game and maybe a free memory unit (If microsoft makes the game and they make the memory unit it will cost them next to nothing to do). The wii will fail miserably in Europe. I'm going to wait a few months and hope Nintendo see sense and reduce the price.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're saying that MS has to bring down the price to match AND add in a game and memory for the Wii to fail. So, if they're the same price and include similar features, nobody will buy the Wii? Apart from the extreme unlikelyhood of Microsoft actually doing that, even if they do there will be enough fanboys for the Wii to have a good launch, and Nintendo can lower the price after that.

Never underestimate the power of fanboys.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
... Wii isn't gonna have MP3?!?!?! That's a make-it-or-break-it for me! >.< Was waiting to play the next in a line of Samus games (I own all the other ones, whether it be ROMs or the actual cart.)

Also, All the plugins for GC controllers are behind that little door along with the SD card reader, right? Are the controller plugins big enough and separated enough so the Wavebird Controllers fit? I mean, the plugin is contoured the the curve of the front of the GC, I don't wanna get new controllers for Wii, and then more for legacy playing.

And as most people know how easy it is to run homebrew & ROMS for their DS (nice quick flashing) does anyone know (or predict) whether the Wii will be nice and quick like the DS (with no additional internal hardware) or require soldering and something resembling the qoob chip? Homebrew and ROMs have changed my life.
biggrin.gif

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MP3 just isn't a November Launch title, but is in the launch period of upto March 2007 along with alot of other games.

The Wii has three flaps, along the top (if the console is in its stand) are two flaps the front have 4 cube ports that have room for the the wavebirds, the rear has space for two cube memory cards. The wii is longer (depth wise) than the cube is width wise to fit in both the standard cube controller ports (for wavebird) and the memory card slots, if you measure it up then it all fits.
On the front of the console there is a flap that houses the SD memory card slot and a sync button.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thumb_wii_preventa_mexico.jpg

QUOTE said:
Still bitching about the Wii's pricing? Knock. It. Off. While Nintendo's new console will launch mid-November in America for US $250, the same machine will launch in boarding Mexico for $4,490 pesos. That's approximately US $450! And when does it launch? By the end of November. Maybe. A quick look at the Nintendo of Mexico website shows the travesty that gamers there must deal with: As of posting, the site still mentions an upcoming console dubbed the Revolution. Nintendo's world map, like competing console makers' as well, seems to include only Japan, Canada/US and Europe.

News Source: Kotaku via

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.