Are you happy with the Wii price?

Are you happy with the price of the Wii in your country?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Impartial

• Total voters

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think thats because the xbox 360 has streaming capabilities? Does it?

The sd card slot is just a cheap gimmick.
If there was a sd card slot in the DS, now that would be useful and great, but Nintendo is just a step behind. Its cheap to add that capability, and next to useless.
What is it there for? Its cheap.

per gb, the hard drives built into the other next gen systems represent better "value for money" as one commented on before.

However Nintendo think only in the present, and yes sd will do for now, then capabilities will catch up like it did for the DS browser and they will release some sort of external hard drive you will pay extra for.

Now that other next gen console using the "cell" is just out of the picture. I dont even like to mention their name.
Dont forget that you can use any USB storage device along with the SD, unless Nintendo took that out too.
[EDIT]
Seems Ms. Kaplan said that this is no longer supported...a shame.

stonefry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actual launch prices:
nes - $200
snes - $200
n64 - $200
gcn - $200

adjusted for inflation:
nes - $364.60
snes - $293.39
n64 - $254.68
gcn - $225.64

These prices are a bit skewed.

Nes came with 2 controllers, a gun, and Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt
Snes came with 2 controllers and Super Mario World
N64 and GCN came with one controller no game

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Price is fine by me. I mean, the Wii is cheaper than an iPod is here...but then again, you'll be constantly buying controllers/games so that isn't a really valid argument.
tongue.gif

I'm happy its bundled with Wii Sports, since I was planning to get it anyway..

Also, I heard that the UK Boss of NoE confirmed that Wii was region-locked?

Pado

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well ... it's to have it a bit cheaper, but I'm ok with paying 250 euro for the Wii
tongue.gif
. I was planning to get Wii sports anyway for my mom so that's great too
happy.gif
. I mean true fans .... should have stashed away the money long ago to buy it .....

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yet again Australia get screwed when it comes to pricing, gee what a surprise.

For reference Nintendo US250 / 0.75 exchange = $330 AUS not farking $400.

With the launch titles that were listed I'm thinking that I'm gunna stick with my 360 for a little while.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apofaz, it's more powerful than a gamecube, has internal storage, has online.

People need to stop calling this a gamecube with a different controller. Based on both power and features, it's AT LEAST more like an XBox with a different controller, though it's even more powerful than that.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Price is to be expected and can be dealt with.
Comes with a game anyway, so no real loss, plus lots of extras.
In comparison to the Xbox360 and PS3, theres more bang for your buck here. Since after the heavy price of those two other systems, you'll have to dish out more for an actual game and online services.

The wii will have free online play and a free game.
Sounds worth the extra fifty wich still makes it cheaper than the other two consoles.

One disapointment is the cost of the controllers.
The Wiimote SHOULD come with a nunchuck add-on and have nunchuck addons alone sold as well. That way it keeps everyone happy. Instead of taking the control away from the darn game.
If I remember right, they were going on about how all these games will use this nuncuck style not just the wiimote. But if the nunchuck is harder to get,, then no one will touch the games that use it as much since no one will have the nunchuck to use it with. Wich ruins everything completly.
Especially for the casual gamer who wouldnt want to buy that extra add on just to play a game that they couldnt already play normaly.

Though I dont think Nintendo would really be that stupid.
Guess we'll still have to wait and see.

The SD movie feature sounds great though :3
I hope it runs DivX and Xvid and all those odd codecs.
Though it wouldnt really matter when converting wont be too much of a chore since you wont have to worry about screen sizes.

Virtual console prices are bad though.
Id expect cheaper for something you can already get for well, alot cheaper.
Though I'll be happy if they put them in packs. Not as great as one game at a time, but more worth the buck.
Though a dollar each NES game would be great anyway even though more costly in the long run.
SNES games should be two bucks, and N64 should be five me thinks.
Though atleast we dont have to worry about inflated prices.
Like popular games getting an extra ten dollar higher price tag cuase its popular.

The Wii shall be a great console either way though.
Cant wait for homebrew to shine on it
happy.gif

With that SD card reader and the web browser, it'll make homebrew an easy thing to do.
Should only be a few things that will eventually be broken through.
You know nintendo is gonna encrypt some things. Its only smart for a big company like that afterall.
But ya, dont want the Virtual console games off my Wii, I just want to run homemade stuff on the Wii.

I really wanna make a two player virtual sword dueling game.
Have the controllers rumble when you strike the invisble beam. Plus make noises.
Plus have a virtual body on the screen so you can get tech hits and body hits. That way it turns into a pretend sword fight with out actually hitting your friend and having actual points to earn and win the match with.

Cant wait to get my hands on this thing and spray paint it green
happy.gif

serious_sean

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking forward to when this thing gets busted open wide. Imagine if the emulator was isolated, so we could play games like goldeneye; that'd be nice.

with the always-on 'net and expandable storage, this thing could become a set-top box the way modded xboxes are.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the idea. I am just wondering how to watch TV if this thing is supposed to be always on and show you Wii channels the moment you turn on the TV.

Lukeage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yet again Australia get screwed when it comes to pricing, gee what a surprise.

For reference Nintendo US250 / 0.75 exchange = $330 AUS not farking $400.

With the launch titles that were listed I'm thinking that I'm gunna stick with my 360 for a little while.

Unless I'm wrong, isn't the US price without tax given each state and even county over there has seperate taxs? Given that we should be comparing US$250 to AU$360 since thats with our tax removed.

I could be wrong, anyone like to explain further.

That said, I'd expect it to be more here in australia. I mean, the 360 with direct conversion should be $530, not $650 here too.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, i voted no. I was expecting $150-200. I mean, i bought my GCN for $150, my DS for $150, and originally i hated the whole idea of Wii because of its name but I got over it as soon as i found out that Samus will be continued on Wii. Uber series.

But always, controllers have been like $20 and break when you have people over. Wii controllers are $50 (remote+nunchuck), I think Wii games will be $50 (as all consoles have always been) and i really don't know how 512MB onboard memory will help anyone, if N64 ROMS are 64MB, so you can have 8 N64 games on it, and its full. I know they're going to have an SD card slot (thank god) but i don't think you'll be saving virtual games to removable memory (i dun think at least) and to store a decent amount of info u need a 1GB card ($50 retail) and we'll hafta see if it supports 4GB cards.

And at the end of it all, Nintendo is once again underpowering the most-bought console line because they hate homebrewers (i convinced myself) by giving the DS 4MB RAM and 99MHz between 2 CPUs. and the SNES a 3Mhz CPU. (well, i know there isn't much demand for 2D graphics but darn! And yes, i know it was before the Ghz.)

EDIT:
Covarr, i don't think the Wii has a cable output (think) so if you want you use a tv like a tv, i think you just click tv/video or change video input however you do on ur TV. Like any other console. Just as soon as you go to the input connected to your Wii you have the channels showing. (Another reason. Hard to use Wii in a sentence where it sounds normal. Guess I gotta wait until its released stateside for it to sound normal.)

Celb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
GST or not, $400 is still just way too much.
Looking at games costing $100 here, the price is ridiculous.
$350, that's fair, $400 is too much, especially when you factor in the cost of another nunchuck/controller (Set you back another $100-$120).

Waking up to the SMS message of $400.. not a happy fella.

With all that said, I'm still suckered into buying one.. sigh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol