Are you going to buy WiikeÜ or waiting for Wii U homebew ?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by WiiU, Jun 4, 2014.

?

What are you going to your Wii U ?

1. Buy WiikeÜ

29.0%
  2. Wait for Wii U homebrew then homebrew

54.8%
  3. Homebrew vWii only

2.8%
  4. Not hacking my Wii U at all

13.5%
  1. WiiU
    OP

WiiU Lurking in the Shadows

May 7, 2014
    Between worlds of Hyrule & Lorule
    Are you going to buy WiikeÜ or will you wait for someone to hack the Wii U ?
    For me, I'll wait till someone hacks the Wii U.
    This is because I'm better buying all the good Wii U games then getting WiikeÜ + Hard drive.
    Only advantage of getting WiikeÜ is for future released games but even then maybe someone will hack the Wii U by then anyway.
    I'll stay on v4.0.3 until it gets hacked ... even if this could be while .

2. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    if someone does hack the wiiu you'll still have to buy a Hard drive :creep:

3. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Same here. However, I am not getting Wii U until someone hacks the Wii U first. I already have three external hard drives from 500 GB to 1TB. :D :)

4. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    If it came out 6 months or a year ago without question, but now that I've bought a handful of games there's no way I would spend $150 on a Uk3y

digipimp75 likes this.
  5. erolz

erolz GBAtemp Fan

Jul 22, 2008
    Belgium
    Think I'm gonna buy the WiikeyU

6. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somwhere you can never find.
    waiting for hombrew because I don't want to risk opening my wiiu and an unexpected forced system update happens and ruins wiikey u and gets bricked

Wellington2k likes this.
  7. opal

opal Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2008
    Poland
    I am gonna buy WiikeyU because I don't want to wait another 2 years until some devs will decide that it is time to release something.
    I just want to pirate games so WiikeyU is the right thing.

Celice, Kupie, yuyuyup and 1 other person like this.
  8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I'm gonna buy it, but only if it works with the games I want that I don't have yet (especially when Smash Bros comes out) since there are only a few I'm missing. It wouldn't be worth it otherwise.

9. razielleonhart

razielleonhart RazzyDee

May 21, 2008
    both. thats how i have my Wii i have a Drive key in it and i have it soft modded

10. markehmus

markehmus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 26, 2008
    Canada
    in the GAME
    N
    No doubt , it's fun to tinker ... Both is the way to go indeed

11. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Not a must-have for me, since the game library is still small. I got pretty much all the games I would ever want to play on the Wii U at the moment. Also only a few interesting titles coming out in the next year or so (at least the revealed ones), so that won't change much..

EDIT: Also I'd wait for a review before buying it. Not really doubting the team or the device, but a good device can work badly. Especially with a bad firmware version.

12. CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney The Hacker Furry

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    on the cool side of the pillow
    i will buy it if it will allow me to run modded games

13. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    I believe WiiKey will come out with the goods!. I ordered a WiiKey 1 when it was first on the scene and I installed it and all worked good and good as there word was they released updates via disks and got games like SSBB working and never had an issue with the Wiikey, its still pumping away inside my Wii today!!!. So I have full faith in WiiKey to deliver the goods for the WiiU so I am seriously considering putting an order in with Teensy.co.uk for one very soon and at a retail price of £78.99p including delivery I think that is a steal especially when one WiiU game costs £49.99p, it makes perfect sense to me also its not just about the WiiKeyU I luv working on these sorts of new gadgets and opening up the consoles installing and soldering etc.., it keeps me entertained. :)

14. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    No. I prefer to buy the games myself.

The pirate thingy is going for $100-$150? Eesh. People are insane to spend that much on a pirate device.

Where do you see Wii U games selling for £49.99? If you're going to Harrods, Selfridges, John Lewis then obviously the prices will be high.

The highest I've seen on online retailers was like £45 but then they decreased as time passed.

Skelletonike likes this.
  15. Clarky

Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    I would rather wait for some homebrew, having the device just for piracy doesn't really sell me

Ergo, SickPuppy, T Link7 and 4 others like this.
  16. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Like making the Wii U play Blu-rays? That'd be cool.

17. Clarky

Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Blu-ray playback would be nice, although i'm thinking more in terms of emulators etc, something that could actually add to the Wii U rather than play copies, fuck, even a region free mod would do it for me

Ergo, dario14, Leshmutt and 2 others like this.
  18. Rob Blou

Rob Blou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    I already have all interesting Wii U games and I tend to have more interest in a game when I buy it so I'll definitively wait. Even if there's a homebrew channel or something similar in the future, I'll keep buying my games!

T Link7 and WiiCube_2013 like this.
  19. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    For the sake of running the games through a USB/HDD it's definitely far better as the loading times will likely be much shorter.

I really wish LCU didn't take, excuse me, a fucking minute to load into the main game and then there's more loading screens.

20. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2014
    United States
    I'll buy the Wii key because I don't really care for homebrew. Who needs another damn media player or emulators of 20+ year old systems? (Yes, I'm aware that there's more homebrew than that, but it just doesn't interest me.) It's just about Wii U titles and the Wii Key will hopefully deliver as promised. Besides, with the lack of overall interest in the Wii U, I doubt the homebrew scene would be anything spectacular.

opal likes this.