Are you disappointed with EA's attitude towards Battlefront and NFS 2015?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Saiyan Lusitano, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    I am and I really had high hopes seeing how Battlefront looked amazing and had heard so much praise then same for NFS 2015 (it looked like the new NFS Underground that I was waiting for) but EA screwed it up. Battlefront has no single player story mode (it does however have an offline game mode to claim one can play it offline) and NFS 2015 is only playable online.

Truly hope EA makes justice by these two games or else they'll become as playable as MAG on PS3 is right now. :(

2. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    I cant say anything for NFS, but battlefront was a letdown in my opinion. Lack of maps or content and the repetition killed that game for everyone I'd say, because it hadn't even been out a month before everywhere started dropping it to a $40 and even $30 price tag.

3. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    No. It's EA. I honestly don't know why people still have hopes to begin with. :unsure:

hobbledehoy899 likes this.
  4. Jack_Sparrow

Jack_Sparrow Ruthless Pirate

Banned
    Nov 17, 2015
    United States
    The Black Pearl
    You should add a poll! I feel there's still hope for battlefront through DLC, but i really dont want to buy any :(

5. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    to be fair, pretty much every non-nintendo game that pricing happens
    thats why never buy a game at launch, just wait 1 month and it will probably be half price

6. Megaben99

Megaben99 I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    Yes...selling half a game is ridiculous. Then a $50 season pass to get the other half of your game is equally ridiculous.

7. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    To be disappointed you'd have to have some sort of expectations for EA.
    If you expect anything from EA, you should probably feel shame.

Though they actually did very well with Battlefront. Not having a useless, pointless Singleplayer isn't any sort of mark against the game. Focusing on the game mode people want (multiplayer) was a very intelligent idea. Battlefront 2 wasn't known for its singleplayer, which was just a shitty set of bot matches with AI as dumb as bricks. So I have no idea why anyone expected the new Battlefront to suddenly sport a Singleplayer worth a damn.

8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    EA launches their half-finished versions right next to their finished versions, then charge 10$ more for the finished version, all of this at launch. The only exception I have for EA, is that they are going to continue to shit on their fans.

9. Margen67

Margen67 Dirty entited pirate

Banned
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    Ignorance is bliss.

Betatester91 likes this.
  10. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Remember Burnout 3? That was an amazing racing game and so were NFS U1 and U2.

11. Megaben99

Megaben99 I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    B
    Burnout 3. ::swoons::

12. Margen67

Margen67 Dirty entited pirate

Banned
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    Good games /= Good company

13. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Those are games from ten years ago. EA's reputation went downhill after those.

Besides...burnout 3 is more of an example of EA's marketing tactics. Criterion probably had it done for 90% when EA bought them. Red alert 2 is also (nearly fifteen years after date!) one of the best RTS'es out there, but I'll punch anyone in the face who dares to credit that to EA rather than westwood studios.

Friendsxix likes this.
  14. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    It's EA, I wouldn't expect so much of them now.

15. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Australia
    Queensland, Australia
    I've been pretty happy with battlefront to tell the truth. And I've heard they will be adding more star cards (is that their name?) for free later on.

16. Octoling

Octoling Banned

Banned
    Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Same place as [INSERT NAME HERE]
    I think battlefront is a horrible game in general. No single player, very limited maps, and 50 DOLLAR SEASON PASS, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU, EA?!

17. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    If I knew Battlefront was so non-single player friendly, I would have gone somewhere else and bought a different PS4 package with something I could actually play. Sure was fun for the 10 mins it took to blow up them probe droids, tho.

18. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Im dissappointed if its EA and not Battlefield 3 or Burnout Revenge. I stayed away from Battlefront because i knew it wasnt going to be my kinda game. No campaign, online multiplayer only, nope.