Hacking Are you buying the Supercard DSTWO?

Buying the DSTWO?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeh, ive never had a supercard so this will be brand new to me, im basically buyin just for the the gba emulator as my brother is getting a Dsi and my Ez 3 in 1 is on its way out.

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll decide once it comes out. I'm interested in it for the GBA, but I'm concerned with the battery life. I'm also concerned about it possibly damaging the DS cartridge slot because of the extra power drain. If people can confirm that it doesn't noticeably affect battery life(like, maybe 10 minutes less), then I'll get one. Otherwise, I'll hold off.

swornsecrets

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jotokun said:
I'll decide once it comes out. I'm interested in it for the GBA, but I'm concerned with the battery life. I'm also concerned about it possibly damaging the DS cartridge slot because of the extra power drain. If people can confirm that it doesn't noticeably affect battery life(like, maybe 10 minutes less), then I'll get one. Otherwise, I'll hold off.

What he said. I am very interested in the emulators but the battery consumption kinda scares me.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I might, but currently I'm relying on my cousin when buying flashcards, as I don't know a place to buy them offline.

...And he's buying me an AK2i.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
It "threatens" to become the best flashcart ever. Though lacking ingame brightness it would support everything the Cyclo does + Dsi + GBA emulation not to mention the enormous potential of homebrew using the builtin CPU's power.

dartdude6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to see DS/GBA/SNES compatibility before I get one of these but assuming it plays what my M3 Real, EZ Flash 3 in 1, and Super Mario RPG, I'm gonna pick up a DSTWO and a DSi.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll surely get one. I'm a long time Team SC supporter, and I cannot miss this one
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't know. I don't have a DSi and I do have a Slot-2 expansion, so GBA emulation doesn't matter to me. What really interests me is the SNES emulation capabilities. If it can do Super Mario Kart, Star Fox, and SMRPG (although that's doubtful), I'd be really interested in it. Otherwise, the other features are nice but not necessary. I'm a R4 guy. Crude but effective is my way.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll get one probably, depending on the price and emulator compatibility I guess. I'm not worried about the power consumption really. People have tested the iPlayer and said the battery life drainage is negligible at worst. This card has the same hardware, so I'm assuming it will be similar in power consumption.

iPlayer is currently like $35 on dealextreme. It would be NICE if the price were lower for Supercard, and it may be. But honestly, considering what you're getting, I wouldn't really fault them for pricing it as such. Assuming the emulators work well, we're getting the equivalent of a slot-2 card (and we assume real time saving on GBA games) plus a Super NES console to boot. Well worth the extra price. And considering people once thought CycloDS was the top card to get @ $50, I wouldn't think $35 is so much to pay, since it has a lot more features than CycloDS.

Seriously though, I REALLY want to see the card in action. Especially the SNES and GBA compatibility.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
stab244 said:
Why isn't there a maybe option? That's what I'm going to pick.
Same here - Where's the 'Maybe'

I 'Maybe' buying it - but it really depends on the interface/firmware & also homebrew compatibility etc
Is it gonna be a DSOne interface or a Iplayer interface, perhaps a DSision or Moonshell/Sakura clone ????

I would truely love to be able to play GBA games on my DSi .....

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im gonna get it because iplayer has started a new generation of flashcarts. And i cant wait to start playing gba on ds and finnaly maybe super mario rpg. I haven't ever gotten a supercard but with all this stuff im gonna get it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more