Are you an extroverted or introverted gamer?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by jDSX, Oct 25, 2016.

1. jDSX
    OP

jDSX Is a furry

Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    Happy furry land with Lucar
    Everyone approaches gaming differently. For some, gaming is a fun way to connect with others while some like to disappear into the worlds the games open up; others may like both experiences.

While I have learnt to enjoy being with people in social & work circumstances, my gaming time on the 3DS is exclusively "me time". I particularly like playing RPGs and simulation games which enable me to immerse into a new reality for a while by myself.

I am highly introverted by nature so I guess it's no surprise that my gaming style would reflect that.

What about you?

2. andremario81

andremario81 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    Chicago, Illinois
    Introvert primarily. I like online play on my 3ds but being that my life takes me everywhere I don't make enough time to play online plus I get creamed a lot of times because some players have more time to craft there skills then I do competitively. I love online play tho it is fun but gaming is more me than we time. I like this topic! Anyone got anything they'd like to share?

3. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    Mostly an introvert player. I sometimes play online - *looks at MH Generations nervously*. My gaming time is "me time", and I cannot stand whipping out my smartphone when waiting for people or stuff.

4. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    Gaming is like masturbation. Fun on your own or with a significant other, but weird and uncomfortable if you do it with strangers on the internet.

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Honestly, these days I don't play a lot of games on my own, but I'm usually up for a good multiplayer game.
    When I play multiplayer, it's usually with family, or online with close friends.
    I only really play single player games when there's a new game out in a franchise I really like, such as Zelda, Mario and Pokemon.

6. VinsCool

VinsCool Detached from Reality

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Extrovert gamer mostly. I love to play multiplayer games, like mario kart.

I also play alone, during my free time, but I get bored relatively quickly.

7. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Does this question apply to online games?

8. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Exactly that.
    I don't play multiplayer outside of with friends on private servers which is extremely rare.

9. Luckkill4u

Luckkill4u 4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    I'm an introvert. Also none of the few friends I have play video games and never have been good at making friends which most people don't believe when they meet me. I can act extroverted at work or if I have to but really I'm just shy and don't talk much.

Raylight likes this.
  10. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Introversion and gaming are like peanut butter and jelly, sad to say. :P

Raylight likes this.
  11. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    Very introvert gamer here. I really dislike playing online, because it's just not for me.

Raylight likes this.
  12. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York

I dunno if this matters but is not my place to say, is just someone asked a question that they were curious about. I made a blog about social gaming and difference between introvert and extrovert which the video is from.

Basically to summerize, i play game alone most of the time cause i do not have anyone willing to play with me. While there is online games to play, i do not really agree with playing random lobby and people who are total strangers for only 5 minutes. I prefer someone i can actually develope a relationship with (That does not mean romance or with girls) Is just a matter of being more constructive. Is not constructive to me to play random people with "Potty mouth humor" twoards me on daily basis, when i could be playing with someone who potentially can allow me to have better company and time doing so. If i had actual people to invite to my house i would be glad to play with them but as i said before i do not so online is my only option.

Bottom line, people will struggle with certain things about anything and this is no exception. More common is the fact people seem to be pushing network gaming a lot more than in house gathered around tv gaming, which is hard to seee when every game you buy is online mode (not really every just a majority) and unless we have ways to play games without split screen is just something i see people maybe avoiding more common.

13. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Introverted. I avoid online games where I have to interact with other people. I would rather play a multiplayer game solo, and die often, than go in a group. Games like splatoon or mario kart online I'll play though, because I don't have to directly interact with anyone. Just shoot or drive. I still prefer single player.

Condarkness likes this.
  14. Erikku

Erikku GBATemp's Official Cancer Treatment

Jan 21, 2016
    United States
    The channel description
    Mainly introvert, but I've seen myself trying to be extroverted more. ofc, in chats like gmod, CoD, overwatch, etc. introverted all the way, it's fun to hear the screams of trolls imo

yee it does get annoying after a while tho lmao

15. Raylight

Raylight Paranoid Temper

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Who wants to know?
    Introvert i like my me time.

16. prion

prion Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2016
    SW England
    I don't play games super often but when I do I generally prefer multiplayer stuff.

McWhiters9511 likes this.
  17. Condarkness

Condarkness GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2008
    United States
    Introverted for sure. Even though I have a ps4, 3, wii u, and all downstairs, I am upstairs still playing my vita, and 3ds. I like my time, its for me, by me, and only for me.

18. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    I won't be surprised if most people here are introverted gamers. haha.

Coolsonickirby and Condarkness like this.
  19. Bubsy Bobcat

Bubsy Bobcat sipp

Jul 8, 2015
    Zimbabwe
    Neither. Video games are for losers lmao.

20. Rockhoundhigh

Rockhoundhigh Man with a mission

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    Southern California
    Definitely introvert though my roommates were always willing to play a round of Smash, Mario Kart, or GoldenEye. The main problem we have now is finding the time to play at all.