Hacking Are wii totaly bricked

Petewithf33t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My son called me in to the living room this morning where i was greeted with a system files corrupt message.
After some quizzing he admitted to messing about with Wad Manager and installing the CIOS60BF.wad.
I thought, no problem, restarted wii with preloader and uninstalled CIOS60BF.wad, restarted wii and now
the disk spins but no screen display, no preloader, savemiifrii not working.
Its a launch day wii on system menu 4.0 with CIOSCORP and preloader.
Help would be much appreciated.

Apekop

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I dont know if recovery is possible from here, but its not gonna be easy. You should NEVER EVER UNINSTALL A CIOS OR IOS.
Im guessing you are 100% bricked... I heard somewhere savemii may help save some pretty tough bricks. Or you could send it to Nintendo.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NEVER UNINSTALL A IOS!!!!
it was said 1000. next time you should do a little bit of research before messing around with system relevant files.

your sm version was 4.0. if that's true you are screwed. you unistalled the ios preloader and sm 4.0 need to work.

my next guess is that you had 4.0 and still had preloader .28 installed which does not work with sm 4.0. 4.0 with preloader need .29 of preloader because that version does patch a part of ios60 what is needed to run preloader on 4.0 properly.

in conclusion the brick is your fault and don't blame your son, please!

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have successfully deleted the systemmenu IOS. (#60 is for 4.0) and therefore the systemmenu can't load.
Also preloader relies om that IOS as it loads from there.

I'm sorry to say, but you are really screwed.
You could try the savemefrii method (GC controller pluggen into port #4 with all directional buttons pressed while booting the wii). If it works you should see your systemmenu version in the lower righthand corner of your screen.
I really doubt it will work however, as the recovery option needs the systemmenu also...

Are you modchipped by any chance ? If so, you could use the above method to run a WAD manager autoboot dics and re-install IOS60 from there.

Ohterwise you could swap your drive for a modchipped one (or install a modchip) and try the method described above.

Good luck !

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, if you had cIOSCORP installed, you could run an autoboot wad manager disc and install the IOS Wad back on.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Puma said:
Actually, if you had cIOSCORP installed, you could run an autoboot wad manager disc and install the IOS Wad back on.

Actually, if you knew that he uninstalled IOS 60, even with CIOSCORP / have a modchip installed, nothing will happen if you attempt to autoboot a disc. It will just stay at a black screen.

How about you uninstall IOS 30 / IOS 60, and attempt to fix it by using your own suggestion?

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
Puma said:

Actually, if you knew that he uninstalled IOS 60, even with CIOSCORP / have a modchip installed, nothing will happen if you attempt to autoboot a disc. It will just stay at a black screen.

How about you uninstall IOS 30 / IOS 60, and attempt to fix it by using your own suggestion?
I was suggesting it, as maybe it would work. I asked in #wiidev, and I was wrong. OH MY GOD SO WHAT ITS NOT LIKE IT'LL BRICK ANY FURTHER TO TRY.

>_>

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
This happened to a lot of people unfortunately, it's a very common mistake. And an understandable one. You install the IOS, then you get an error, so you uninstall it. Seems to make sense right?

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth, when one installs cIOS60BF after having installed Preloader, you'll always get a system corrupt message. The *proper* fix is to boot to Preloader, then open HBC and reinstall Preloader. Then all will be fixed and cIOSCORP will run properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.
    I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000 people see it but cant be bothered at all
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the...