Are we allowed to bump topics?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Quantum, Jun 14, 2004.

Jun 14, 2004
  1. Quantum
    OP

Member Quantum GBAtemp Regular

United States
    For example, let's say that you have a question or problem and you make a new topic. And if no one responds for a couple days, and it leaves the first page of topics, are you allowed to double post to bring it up to the first page just to find help? It says not to do so in the rules, but how else could you find an answer? Thanks to anyone who responds.

2. Puck The Joker

Banned Puck The Joker Puck, The Arrogant Phuck

Yeah, its fine if it's been atleast a day, the rule is there so people don't bump month, year old topics and also don't bump topics every hour.

3. KiVan

Former Staff KiVan Hooray! Member n# 1!!!

Italy
    well, those are labeled as "rules", but they are more a guideline, an etiquette it's polite to follow.

Nobody will smite you for bumping a topic, just don't abuse it and bump it like 5 times in a day^

4. Quantum
    OP

Member Quantum GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok, thanks for the responses, and I'll keep these things in mind next time. As you can tell, I'm new, so I'm not really completely clear on all of those rules, or as KiVan says, "guidelines." By the way, that kinda reminds me of Pirates of the Carribean. Heh, I'm watching too many movies...

5. killer bunny

Member killer bunny GBAtemp Regular

6. Dragonlord

Member Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue

Switzerland
    good tip... get rid of tripod... you can't hotlink images there and yeah... tripod sux... have been there once too and do not regret having left them [​IMG]

7. killer bunny

Member killer bunny GBAtemp Regular

I just googled that image...

Just for tha funnah.

8. Skelv_tnt

Member Skelv_tnt GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    @Quantum: don't worry pal, mods here (and people in general) are extremely nice and comprehensive [​IMG] . there are some exceptions, though....but that's when mods come in and send those stupid guys to the jail *thumbs up for a job well done!*