Are torrents supposed to suck this much?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by TrainerAbu, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2010
  1. TrainerAbu
    OP

Member TrainerAbu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    *removed*

are they supposed to go this slow with so many peers?

fffffffff

2. Berthenk

Member Berthenk Epitome of Awesomeness

Netherlands
    It depends on the uploaders. Some of them have the max upload speed maximum for that torrent set on 1 KB, which might be the case here. Although, you've really got bad luck on this one.

3. CJL18

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

when you use crappy sites liek that yes i downloaded smg2 at 3.2mb a sec took me about 6mins to download.. private torrent sites FTW

4. hunnymonster

Member hunnymonster GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It happens if your ISP is lame & suppresses the bandwidth available to the bittorrent protocol.

5. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Look at the average swarm speed to see if you're going normal. There are alot of factors determining speed in P2P. In the end those peers may just be leeching a lot of the bandwidth and not uploading much. Or it might just be a problem on your side.

On another note, that image is very incriminating. You didn't black out the source of the torrent which is in the torrent name etc etc and it's clear what you're downloading by various other data in the image (1.29GB= the size of a certain game, + game name in your taskbar).

I don't want you to get in troube with the big N, so I've removed the image, and while I'm at it I may as well close this topic. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.