Are these the same as regular TY dvd's?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by laurenz, Jun 26, 2007.

Jun 26, 2007
  1. laurenz
    OP

Member laurenz GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Well i'm quite stuck here. I'm in need of new DVD's and I heard Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden are good for the Wii.
    Well I found a pair of Taiyo Yudens, but there is choice between 2.
    First off, I can get the Original Taiyo Yudens as everybody knows them, for 0,30€ each. Media code TYG02. picture of DVD and picture of spindle
    Now I found this same pair of 'Taiyo Yudens' but way cheaper, 0,23€ to be precisely (which makes a lot of difference when i buy 100 of them). The only problem is that they don't look the same, but the website claims they are (because the mediacode is also TYG02). picture of DVD and picture of spindle

So now my question is: Does it make a difference which one I chose? Or will the quality be the same for both dvd's?
    I don't really trust it because some new cover makes 7 euro difference. Ofcourse if they both are the exact same quality I will ogo for the cheaper ones (i'm a pirate after all!). So you be the judge if it's safe to take the cheaper ones!

2. Demons153

Newcomer Demons153 Advanced Member

United States
    >_> Why does it say Circle on the second one?

3. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    the 'TYG02' disc ID is the most used in counterfit discs
    if the supplier can't verify they are genuine, i would buy from somewhere else

or just go with VERBS!!!! 16x +R

4. HipN

Member HipN GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Verbatims are the best!! Also, Ridata -R seems to work well with my Wii.