Hardware Are these Gamecube USB adapters any good for a PC?

Kwyjor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a bunch of Gamecube controllers, and I've been thinking it might be handy to connect them to my PC.

I notice that DX.com has a couple of cheap ones, namely "Kitbon", "Niteo", and "BX-W201".
https://www.dx.com/s/gamecube?cateId=0

Does anyone know if any of these are any good? The Kitbon and Niteo models appear to have a specific setting for the PC – but do they work in DirectInput mode, or XInput? (I know Massive's drivers only support DirectInput with the official Nintendo adapter – or at least that was the case last time I tried.)

I'm interested in using these with various games in general on Steam; I don't have any particular use for Dolphin at the moment. The Kitbon page says that "NGC Controller does not have a "+" "-" map button, so some games may not work properly" – but I won't miss that, will I?

Last edited by Kwyjor,

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I've had no trouble with and love my 4-port Mayflash GC-USB adapter. Works the same as an official adapter in its "Wii U" mode then with the flip of a switch also works as DirectInput on PC when necessary.

Actually, that's not true, I did have one odd problem with it. GTA V crashes when it's connected, or fails to launch, I can't remember which. But everything else about it is top notch.

Reactions: Kioku

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Where can you find them for $20? Even the Mayflash adapter is pretty expensive.

So no XInput, then? Do you use xbox360ce with GTAV?

No and no. I use a cheap PowerA XBone Controller on GTA V. I was just noting that the game crashes when my adapter is plugged in, likely something where the drivers are at fault. I wouldn't play GTA with a GC gamepad, personally.

Kwyjor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got mine for $20 at game stop, but Idk the Canadian equivalent
Well, they don't seem to have it now.

I own the GC/N64 adapter and it's an excellent piece of hardware. It uses direct input though if that's a major concern.
The other concern is that I would have to buy one for each GC controller.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by AkikoKumagara,

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've had no trouble with and love my 4-port Mayflash GC-USB adapter. Works the same as an official adapter in its "Wii U" mode then with the flip of a switch also works as DirectInput on PC when necessary.

Actually, that's not true, I did have one odd problem with it. GTA V crashes when it's connected, or fails to launch, I can't remember which. But everything else about it is top notch.
Wow that's pretty cool, I didn't know they had adapters that could switch to Wii U mode and DirectInput. I have the official adapter but the drivers etc. for Windows 10 are a pain and I've had a lot of problems with them. Might pick up a Mayflash adapter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte