Hardware Are these all the correct domain names?

Mr Chomp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am using OpenDNS on my home network to block Nintendo's servers connecting to my 3DS when using the household wifi. I would like to know if all of these domain names that i have blocked are sufficient enough?

https://gyazo.com/07f0b6c0d92f6d9b95b5aae496a7323e

I have blocked both USA and European domain names just in case.

Will blocking "cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net" prevent the my system from having a blocked browser unless i update in USA as well as Europe? Or does Europe have a different domain for the browser check?

Mr Chomp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't comment on domain names but be aware if the browser (9.9+) does not contact the server in 30 days, the browser becomes unusable. There's no way around this unfortunately.
Ah okay, did not know that. But I am planning to downgrade to 9.2 when the stable downgrade is released. Thank you for taking your time to let me know!

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's hard to explain. And yes, it never made contact with Nintendo's servers, so, I can block them via DNS, but it doesn't do anything

Mr Chomp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's hard to explain. And yes, it never made contact with Nintendo's servers, so, I can block them via DNS, but it doesn't do anything
What domain name did you block?

Does blocking "cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net" block the browser check? (kinda useless though now)

D

Deleted-236924

I can't comment on domain names but be aware if the browser (9.9+) does not contact the server in 30 days, the browser becomes unusable. There's no way around this unfortunately.
Can't the dns be set-up to redirect that address to the new address used in the newer browser versions that returns the right result and allows the browser to be used?

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Internet_Browser#Forced_system-update

Then it would return 0 instead of returning browser version and would let the browser run.
It wouldn't be blocked from contacting the server so it wouldn't get blocked after 30 days.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted-236924

Hmm

Well there is a workaround. Download the latest spider or skater .cia from 3DNUS and install it with FBI. :P

Since memchunkhax2 allows you to install legit .cias on 9.3-10.3 you should be able to remain on 9.9-10.3 and just update your browser every time it nagged you to update.

D

Deleted-236924

We could even install the latest NVer and be able to access the eShop through HANS again.

Mr Chomp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm

Well there is a workaround. Download the latest spider or skater .cia from 3DNUS and install it with FBI. :P

Since memchunkhax2 allows you to install legit .cias on 9.3-10.3 you should be able to remain on 9.9-10.3 and just update your browser every time it nagged you to update.
What exactly is the spider / skater .cia?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I am using OpenDNS on my home network to block Nintendo's servers connecting to my 3DS when using the household wifi. I would like to know if all of these domain names that i have blocked are sufficient enough?

https://gyazo.com/07f0b6c0d92f6d9b95b5aae496a7323e

I have blocked both USA and European domain names just in case.

Will blocking "cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net" prevent the my system from having a blocked browser unless i update in USA as well as Europe? Or does Europe have a different domain for the browser check?
I would suggest only blocking the 5 nus.* addresses and the cbvc one. Otherwise you will block eShop usage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: