Hacking Are there PS3 Back-Ups in Blu Ray Discs?

adrian2040

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I was on a work trip to China some days ago and I saw something weird while shopping on my free-from-work day.

When I asked for PS3 games on some stores, they brought me a tower of games. However, the cases where not as wide as normal and the cover seemed to have been printed with a slightly different ratio in order to account for it.

I wanted to open the cases to look at them, but they did not allow me. For some reason, I did not notice that they were wrapped when I asked if I could open them, but they were.

So... Were these games a rip off or are PS3 Games Back Ups on Blu Ray discs now available? I'm pretty sure they were not the real deal.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
It is possible. It would just be more spendy than your standard back ups. Wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to sell you a knock off in China though.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you're willing to keep the BD drive (and by extension, the ps3 itself) disassembled to have access to the open guts of the BD drive in operation, I suppose you could make a BD-R(E) work, but I wouldn't count on it.

But personally I think a more elegant solution is if we could get some modified drive firmware like the 360 has currently. I know I'm itching for the chance, so I could finally put my modchipped ps2 to rest (in peace) and use the ps3 fully.

jordan_ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
it's impossible! there are lots of movie backup blu-ray discs in china,but ps3 games' backup discs........i'd never found !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night