Are There Places That Mod The XBOX 360 In Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Lakerfanalways, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Lakerfanalways
    OP

Member Lakerfanalways GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The reason why I am asking is because I am very interested in modding the XBOX 360(or flashing it, whichever is easier) the thing is. I would never, in my wildest dreams, ever open up the xbox and try to do it myself. I know others have said how easy it is but since I have no experience doing this I would never do it..so that is why I was wondering if there are places that do it for you. I don't mind the price, it would be worth it at the end, like a company or a business or something that does it. I wish I could do it myself but I can't. I have already soft modded the Wii(which I thought was difficult, can't imagine doing the xbox), got the AceKard for the DS, and already ordered the pandora battery, modding the xbox would be the ultimate thing and I would love to do it so any assistance would be really helpful. Thanks

2. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    There's no "places" that will do it because it's illegal. You can go on craigslist and look for someone in your area that will do it. There's a bunch. Expect to be charged around 40 bucks. There's also the fact that you're gonna have to leave your 360 with a random stranger.

3. Raven Darkheart

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    there should be some asian places since you're in LA
    I Mean asian game shops

come talk to me if you dont get what i mean

4. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    why dont you just ask someone on gbatemp to do it?
    post a topic in the trading forum or somethin

5. Raven Darkheart

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    thats a good idea actually
    does thieves still do mods?

6. prican86

Newcomer prican86 Newbie

Puerto Rico
    I know a guy by USC, who just recently flashed my xbox to ixtreme 1.51

If ur interested give me a pm and ill send u his email, dont worry he seems very chill

Oh he charges $40

7. Nintendokid54

Newcomer Nintendokid54 Member

United States
    yeah i plan to get mine done... craigslist has them from $30-50...

8. kylsav

Member kylsav GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I know 1 site that can flash you Xbox 360s for 40 dollars (45 dollars for Lite-On Drives)

I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link to the site so i wont but if i get an ok i will. I have bought flashcards and i know people who bought mod chips from them and there great.

Only for US and Canada though.

9. Moose13

Member Moose13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'd stay away from online sites if possible. There have to be plenty of local guys that would do it. Don't leave it with anyone. Have them do it in front of you. It only takes about 15 minutes. There's a lot of scammers on craigslist, just be careful.

10. Yoshimashin

Member Yoshimashin Penguin Spy

United States
    I hate when people watch me do it. I dont like random strangers in my house. If you think about it, I make more money modding the console than I could by stealing it. The cables and a controller alone would cost me $80 minimum, so I would have to sell the system for $130-$150 to make the same profit. Most people would rather spend the $200 to buy the console new than buy a used one for $150.

I do mod systems but you would have to ship it to me, so its better to pull up Craigslist and find a local guy.