are there different "dumped" versions of pokemon sun / moon ?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by ProfiSuchti, Aug 23, 2017.

1. ProfiSuchti
    OP

ProfiSuchti GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hey there,

some people told me that nintendo ran a banwave ago a few months. I am so happy that i am not banned, last time i used my 3ds was ago 5 months. But before this 5 months i played so many games (pirated ones) online and i never got banned (i also played pokemon moon online but nothing happened to me).

I have a small question:

My SD cards lost theyr games and i am reinstalling my whole games that i have and now i came to this question.

Lets say, i install pokemon moon over freeshop. Is there any chance to getting banned for playing online ? a high chance ?
    Now lets say i download it from CIAngel. Is the .cia that installs me pokemon moon a whole other dump or is it exactly the same like the .cia that i got from freeshop ? how are here the ban chances ?

on other sites i see also people posting download links for pokemon moon. Some say "region patched" or "region free" or "region patched free" and and and. Are all these different "dumps" ? how are here the ban chances

Edit: i am asking this, because i wan't to know if pokemon moon / sun have more / higher ban chances than other games like monster hunter 4 if you play it online, or mario cart 7 or super smash bros etc...

Last edited by ProfiSuchti, Aug 23, 2017
  2. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 AyyMDionicio3

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    No, they can't tell the difference between pirated anf legit games

ProfiSuchti likes this.
  3. ProfiSuchti
    OP

ProfiSuchti GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2015
    Gambia, The
    lol so simple ? okay i would say all questions solved then XD.

So i make sure that i play those games which are officially not released yet, first online after they got released.

4. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    Yes, playing any games online before release will get you screwed over big time and quickly.

ProfiSuchti likes this.