zergslayer69

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As the title says, do cia files for DLC exist? Or slippery slope, are there methods of making the game think you own certain DLCs so you can access them from the game/eshop?

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check funkycia2 to make your own cia files from what you buyed.

The rest ist for your imagination and not for gbatemp.

zergslayer69

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good stuff, just curious if that was ever done, that's all.

Edit: Follow up question, I've read before that if you go onto the eshop all your cia are deleted? Is this still an issue today?

ztoben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Edit: Follow up question, I've read before that if you go onto the eshop all your cia are deleted? Is this still an issue today?

You can go on the eshop, just not data management.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Only the dlc/themes, but not the games themselves.

I almost never go into data management but is it emunand side we can't go to? or sysnand? or both?

Edit: Most important question of all, does it work on gateway 3.0.4?

On sysnand, but it's only if your nands are linked (read the sticky thread).

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are not banning yourself from the eshop in any form. Keep emunand up to date and eshop will always be accessible regardless if you install cia or not.

zergslayer69

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well yea, but I mean if I had dlc for say mario gold in cia format, if I make progress in that and go on the eshop, all the progress gets wiped (I assume that's how it works) so I can't touch eshop unless I'm ok with doing all my dlc progress again.

zergslayer69

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, unless I am totally missing something here, that is incorrect.

Yea I don't fully understand what happens to the cia specifically if you visit the eshop. Let's say i 100% the mario golf dlc levels and then I sign into the eshop. Does the dlc levels themselves get deleted only leaving the progress intact until I reinstall the cia files? Or does the cia with the dlcs levels AND progress towards dlc content also get wiped?

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just the DLC itself gets deleted. Your progress should remain intact. One of the places you can find the DLC/theme CIAs also have the eshop updates available as CIAs, eliminating the need to go to the eShop to update games. However, if you still want to use eShop and DLC/theme CIAs, just keep all of the DLC/theme CIAs in a separate folder for batch reinstallation with DevMenu.

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just the DLC itself gets deleted. Your progress should remain intact. One of the places you can find the DLC/theme CIAs also have the eshop updates available as CIAs, eliminating the need to go to the eShop to update games. However, if you still want to use eShop and DLC/theme CIAs, just keep all of the DLC/theme CIAs in a separate folder for batch reinstallation with DevMenu.
Thanks for clearing that all up said it better than I could have!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool