Homebrew Are there CFW's strictly for nds ?

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx how much are those
you can get one pretty cheap, probably around 40 bucks. I don't believe im allowed to mention specific brands or stores, so i'll just say to google a list of ds flash carts and try to get the one that has "super" in the the name. (I hope that's vague enough to be within rules)

KevinLSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can get one pretty cheap, probably around 40 bucks. I don't believe im allowed to mention specific brands or stores, so i'll just say to google a list of ds flash carts and try to get the one that has "super" in the the name. (I hope that's vague enough to be within rules)

Isnt it ok for the rules to mention a flashcarts name? I see people always reccomending r4 3ds and other ds flash carts all the time.

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isnt it ok for the rules to mention a flashcarts name? I see people always reccomending r4 3ds and other ds flash carts all the time.
I wasnt sure. I was probably being overcareful.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

k thx are you good or familiar with 3ds power saves b/c I need help with mine I have 2 threads (don't ask ) made already in the 3ds forums they're pretty recent
not at all sorry. Im not as experienced with 3ds flashcarts.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Recommending flashcarts by name is okay. I'd say get either Acekard 2i, Supercard dsTwo or get a good r4 3ds card (there are many crippled down versions of them. Don't own one so that's all I can tell you).

Reactions: KevinLSX

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tho the CFWs for DS won't allow you to play ROMs etc. without a flashcard (there's wifime but that's meh).
The two suggested DS flashcards are either R4i Gold 3DS Plus for 20$ (people will suggest the R4i Gold 3DS RTS which is the same with a feature less for the same price and it's sold out anyways) or the Supercard DSTWO (plus) for 40-50$. But the DSTWO seems to be out of stock at most places, too.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as i know, theres no such thing as a ds cfw. you can use a flash cart pretty easily though.
Well, there's FlashMe. I'd say that counts since it's a version of the DS's firmware with an added feature or two. It's function is made irrelevant by flash carts though for the most part. FlashMe is from back in the day when NDS flash carts didn't exist and you had to load homebrew from GBA flashcarts.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
40 BUCKS?! You can get one for 7 dollars, stop promoting the SuperCard DS. Only the Plus model is in stock now which costs a heckload and most people don't need the emulation functions..

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The DSTT is a good flashcart. And it costs 7 bucks. And the DSTWO Plus can brick devices. And it drains your battery life.
The DSTWO can't brick a DS. It can only brick a 3DS if you try to use Gateway's launcher.dat with it (but it's suggested to never use the GW emulation feature even with SC's modded launcher.dat)
Anyway, DSTWO isn't very useful on a 3DS anymore since the 3DS can run emulators better than the DSTWO can. On a DS however you don't have a lot of options for running SNES games, and the DSTWO does a much better job than any of the native DS SNES emulators. Whether SNES emulation (and GBA without needing a slot 2 flashcart) and Free Cheat is worth the extra money is up to the individual user to decide for themselves. But it's not for no reason that it costs more money, the hardware is a lot more complex than any other DS flashcart, so it's not like they pulled the price out of their ass, and it's still very cheap considering you can play the entire DS game library for the price of one game, and most of the GBA/SNES library.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all