Are there any unmoddable US sets out there now?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Bloodlust, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Bloodlust
    OP

Member Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    What I mean are those that can't read DVD-R backups when running from neogamma etc.... If there are please provide the serial number.. thanks..

2. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If there are, serial numbers wouldn't really say jack shit about it. They aren't even a good indication of a Wii being a boot2v4 Wii. It is possible to have an LU64+ Wii that isn't a boot2v4 Wii and it is possible to have one that is lower than LU64 that IS a boot2v4 Wii.

So in short, don't use serial numbers to judge anything. If you are buying any new Wii right now, it is highly unlikely to be anything less than a boot2v4 Wii.

I'm not sure if there are any Wii's in the US that can't read backup discs, nor am I even sure if they exist at all. If they do, I believe the rumor is that they are just the new black Wii's in Japan that are like that.

Even with those rumored drives, I don't think the systems themselves are "unmoddable", I think you can still mod them in the same way and at least get usb loading working on them.

So basically, if you're buying a Wii now, just follow a current guide like the ones in the stickies/my sig that DON'T involve downgrading ANYTHING other than IOS15 with the Trucha Bug Restorer and see how it goes from there.

3. Bloodlust
    OP

Member Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    Well, judging from the topics here I don't think the US Wii's with that kind of behavior has surfaced yet.