Hardware Are there any third party controllers for games like...

lostreverie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any third party controllers for games like Super Paper Mario, Wario Land: Shake it, and the upcoming New Super Mario Bros. Wii? It would probably look like an SNES/PS controller with the IR jammed on the edge between the L/R buttons; basically a gutted snes controller with wiimote internals.

Something like this would really be awesome. Holding the wiimote sideways works o.k., but it's not exactly great.

D

Deleted-171178

Why dont you make one yourself?
3rd party ones don't work with homebrew.

lostreverie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=189076
I would be willing to buy this and try it out if I could find a place that sells it and ships internationally. It seems these things are US-only. Like many other commentators on that board, the placement of the 1 and 2 buttons is a little worrisome. My thumb just doesn't quite bend that way.

QUOTE(beegee7730 @ Nov 11 2009, 09:55 AM) Why dont you make one yourself?
3rd party ones don't work with homebrew.
This would be a tricky and time consuming procedure, and the shell would probably have to be a PS controller shell which is less than ideal. I didn't know that third party controllers didn't work with homebrew; that's pretty surprising. Would they have to write drivers to support them?

D

Deleted-171178

Libogc would need to have each controller manually written into it, which would be too time consuming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: yes? Interesting way to get Hi