Are there any text file WRITERS out there? Not just for reading, but

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by JonLeung, Jun 4, 2009.

1. JonLeung
    OP

Newcomer JonLeung Advanced Member

Canada
    I've seen a number of topics on here about various text readers, but I've had trouble finding any that are actually text writers. And that can save to a text file. Anyone know of any?

EDIT: Google gave me some suggestions. ;>_> I hope DSOrganize works...

2. killajackson

Newcomer killajackson Advanced Member

Canada
    I've heard some weird things about saves on DSOrganize. I have a DSi so I can't try it.

DSBlue has one, but I can't save with it.
    txtwritter: can't get this one to work at all on my DSi/Ak2i
    dsuite1.02: Great app that unfortunately isn't hosted here, but like DSOrganize and the saves work! The only bad thing is you must memorize their names to open them and make sure you have a blank page when you open them or else the one opened kinda goes over whatever you have on the page at the time. It saves them as a weird format, but if you choose to open it with notepad on your computer afterward, they open fine.
    WordDS: Seems to write in html, but writes FANTASTIC and saves work, but again they are like internet files when you open them on your comp. If you mainly want to use it on your DS, this is a great one. Use space multiple times instead of enter though because it's html you get
    when you hit enter.
    BLARGHT: Not familiar with it's keyboard and I always open the file browser and can never save/load or get rid of it...others seem to like this one, but I don't.
    DSe Notepad: Writes and saves well. I can't get the open button to work or a few of the other features, but it's the only one I've found that saves the files in .txt format so they are easily edited on your comp afterward. Sometimes it crashes. OH and make sure you make a SAVES directory like the config says or else it will crash when you try and save (it's weird they didn't make a folder already for you).

So those are my experiences with the ones I could find. My personal favourites are WordDS and dsuite1.02.