Hacking Question Are there any teams working on a proper EmuNand?

metaljay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Curious, besides atmosphere (which doesn't appear to have updated the release plans in quite some time), is there anyone else working on an emunand method?
this isn't an ETA question, its purely to see if people/teams are looking at it.

And no, im not interested in SX OS...

Reactions: mathew77 and NoNAND

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious, besides atmosphere (which doesn't appear to have updated the release plans in quite some time), is there anyone else working on an emunand method?
this isn't an ETA question, its purely to see if people/teams are looking at it.

And no, im not interested in SX OS...
only atmosphere

Reactions: Itzumi

stewacide

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TX must be, since their on-nand-emunand will certainly be detectable with the next firmware update, so pretty useless past that point for anyone who wants to go online.

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TX must be, since their on-nand-emunand will certainly be detectable with the next firmware update, so pretty useless past that point for anyone who wants to go online.
What makes you say it isn't detectable now? All Nintendo has to do is something along the lines of "SELECT * FROM users WHERE reportedNandSize < originalNandSize" and they could ban everyone instantly.

Reactions: NoNAND

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What makes you say it isn't detectable now? All Nintendo has to do is something along the lines of "SELECT * FROM users WHERE reportedNandSize < originalNandSize" and they could ban everyone instantly.

Then they will ban all current users at once or nothing will happen. FYI, the real nand doesn't change 1 byte. Enjoy your dark magic!

Last edited by thaikhoa,

stewacide

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The idea is to go online in sysnand, which would/does report the expected parameters. They'd need to be checking for rogue files, which would be trivially easy to implement but it doesn't seem they've done that in 6.0

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've given up on waiting for emunand.
Homebrew on switch imho is not as fun as actual switch games.
Waiting for emunand basically means my switch is useless as it cannot be used at all, no wifi and no updates.
Want to play the new pokemon game soon, so when it comes out if theres no emunand i am just going to nand dump and upgrade.

Reactions: Raverrevolution

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Honestly I am pretty sure everyone has been, just no one wants to release anything to the public just yet. Unlike the SX team, community devs actually have some care for the community.

Raverrevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've given up on waiting for emunand.
Homebrew on switch imho is not as fun as actual switch games.
Waiting for emunand basically means my switch is useless as it cannot be used at all, no wifi and no updates.
Want to play the new pokemon game soon, so when it comes out if theres no emunand i am just going to nand dump and upgrade.

My sentiment is exactly the same. Nintendo won this time, not because they combated hacking, but because this console has waaaaaay too many good games to miss out on. The oddball thing is that as of current you're actually getting more out of it not hacking than you are if you hacked.

It's weird to be on this side of the thought spectrum as I was always on the opposite side for every other console.

Hell, I even feel the same about the PS4. Just way too many good games to miss.

Let's take another example, the PS Vita, THIS on the other hand should be and deserves to be hacked to death, because not only did Sony take a huge dump on it, but because there's no way I'm ever going to hunt online for random imported games of which I probably wouldn't be able to read and even know if they were good. On top of that they gave a big F U to everyone with those super expensive memory cards when they could have just cut people slack and used SD cards. It's more fun to put RetroArch on this thing, load up Mame roms, and play Marvel Vs. Capcom on it than it is to play anything else in my book.

Last edited by Raverrevolution,
Reactions: :-infern:

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My sentiment is exactly the same. Nintendo won this time, not because they combated hacking, but because this console has waaaaaay too many good games to miss out on. The oddball thing is that as of current you're actually getting more out of it not hacking than you are if you hacked.

It's weird to be on this side of the thought spectrum as I was always on the opposite side for every other console.

Hell, I even feel the same about the PS4. Just way too many good games to miss.

Let's take another example, the PS Vita, THIS on the other hand should be and deserves to be hacked to death, because not only did Sony take a huge dump on it, but because there's no way I'm ever going to hunt online for random imported games of which I probably wouldn't be able to read and even know if they were good. On top of that they gave a big F U to everyone with those super expensive memory cards when they could have just cut people slack and used SD cards. It's more fun to put RetroArch on this thing, load up Mame roms, and play Marvel Vs. Capcom on it than it is to play anything else in my book.
This sounds like my situation. I'm tempted not to hack or at least wait until I can afford a second switch to hack. I want Pokemon and Smash online and it's just not looking reasonable at this point to have hax on a Switch/PS4 I want to play online. At least PS3 I gave up online when I stopped having time for BlazBlue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...