Homebrew Are there any straight up chat room type homebrews out there?

Shrinefox

Persona Modder
Trophies
Website
shrinefox.com
XP
Country
United States
I remember using one for MSN on the DS that worked pretty well. Maybe some kind of port of the skype API like sites like this have would be useful, though I'm not sure how open source that kind of thing even is. And admittedly the novelty wears off when you realize that the DS port was only practical before smartphones took over.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
There's actually a legit 3DS game that's all about chatting, I wonder who even uses it seriously xD
What one is that? It would be really useful to be able to chat to your friends on your 3ds - I see friends online and want to be able to ask "want to play Mario kart?" I start playing hoping they'll join me but by the time I do they've started playing some other game :-p

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What one is that? It would be really useful to be able to chat to your friends on your 3ds - I see friends online and want to be able to ask "want to play Mario kart?" I start playing hoping they'll join me but by the time I do they've started playing some other game :-p
The game I mentioned is practically useless, because in order to contact your friends, they have to be in that game. You might as well use something like Skype to get in touch with your close 3DS friends. It's just not possible to contact your friends from your friends list even through this app since you'll have to be extremely lucky to even catch them on it :P

Last edited by MattKimura,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
The game I mentioned is practically useless, because in order to contact your friends, they have to be in that game. You might as well use something like Skype to get in touch with your close 3DS friends. It's just not possible to contact your friends from your friends list even through this app since you'll have to be extremely lucky to even catch them on it :P
Haha ok yeah I guess that wouldn't be too useful! Are there any homebrews that use online features, or local multiplayer or anything? I'd love to look at the code and see how that works. Or maybe I wouldn't understand it because I don't know anything about networking.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

beefsloth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Totally getting this game right now haha!

Seriously though, I suppose phones have taken over but in my case recently my screen went berserk on me and my tablet has an annoying half inch vertical line that doesn't respond to touch since I got it, just never used it until my phone recently broke. 1st world problems I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup