Are there any people that haven’t been banned while playing backups online?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by MeAndHax, Aug 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeAndHax
    OP

MeAndHax GBAtemp Fan

Feb 7, 2017
    United States
    I remember in the 3DS scene the ban wave only hit some people, but not everyone. Is it the same case for the Switch?
    Are there any of you who haven’t been touched at all until now?

2. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    there is a thread dedicated to this

3. MeAndHax
    OP

MeAndHax GBAtemp Fan

Feb 7, 2017
    United States
    Yeah but it’s probably outdated I suppose as things change quickly in this scene, but nevertheless, give me the link please

4. blahblah

blahblah GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 16, 2018
    United States
    Me. Hi. Play XCI backups of real carts I own, have been doing it since SX OS 1.1. Not banned.

5. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    There is literally a sticky that has the info you need. And it's not outdated. Next time do a search.

6. MeAndHax
    OP

MeAndHax GBAtemp Fan

Feb 7, 2017
    United States
    No. I don’t need the good old shitty answer based on „there’s a ban risk playing online“. I simply want to know if there are actually people who basically didn’t care at all about the ban risk and play, up to date, pirated games online without ban. That’s all I want to know. I don’t need the good old shity answer „there’s high risk“ or Anything in this direction.

ownedlol and tbb043 like this.
  7. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Yeah, that kind of info is in one of the stickies. Specifically where people submit into about what they did before they got banned or not, including playing backups online. It's even compiled together for easy viewing and research.

8. offsense

offsense Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    United States
    It's constantly being posted on.

9. shchmue

shchmue GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 23, 2013
    United States
    there's a Google spreadsheet in the OP but the descriptions also give more specific info. it's very well written

satbytheriver likes this.
  10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    In case you have not looked through the thread OP or if other people are not sure what is being referred to, this is the thread in question. I can also assure that it is updated at least daily. And to answer your question, there have been people banned and not banned for playing backups online for various reasons. If you want a "safe" way to play backups online, I suggest following this thread as it is a compilation of people trying to play backups online as safely as possible.

11. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.

GBAtemp Patron
    x65943 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Midwest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.