Gaming are there any other games out there like picross DS?

EliTeSnipeR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have to say that picross DS is the most addicting puzzle game i've ever played.. I love it... and was jus wondering if there are any other DS games like this..

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Most addicting puzzle game ever - yeah, tell me about it.
rolleyes.gif

I've been hooked on Picross since I discovered the SNES version back in the 90's - and the GB version, and thanks to the Internet, a bunch of online flash versions - of which, the best is Armor Picross 2 imho.

If you crave more Picross action on the DS, sergeant_maya tipped me off earlier today in the Non-English language games thread about a Japanese game called Illust Logic DS and Colorful Logic. I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but check out the boxart...

2iiya1g.jpg

Enjoy...
laugh.gif

dipper145

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sure there are a lot of piccross "clones" out there.

But if your looking for interesting puzzle games, I personally enjoy polarium, and neves.

Polarium is a mark all the colours so they all turn out to be the same colour puzzle game, and neves is a move shapes around to fit the silhouette.

Picross is by far my favourite though.

I would also recommend a homebrew called Puzzle Maniak, I'm sure you can find a puzzle game you enjoy on there. I really like it.

k3r5hy

Trophies
XP
Country
There's a game called colour cross , not got it but from picture looks similar.

boxshot_uk_large.jpg

I also like pic pic its a similar puzzle game, - eurogamer review h**p://www.eurogamer.net/articles/pic-pic-review

a_med_eg_picpic01.jpg.jpg

k3r5hy

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oops! Forgot to mention Cidrick's old homebrew, PicrossDS. Not as polished as an official game, and it hasn't been updated since 2005. Apart from that, it works well enough and hey - you can never have enough Picross.

http://www.cidrick.org/picrossds/

Oh, and Colour Cross was just released today: 3295 - Colour Cross
So yeah, that's some nice timing.

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a folder in my SD card exclusive to Picross-like games. With the exception of Picross DS itself, the other ones are:
Illust & Colorful Logic DS
Puzzle Series 6 - Illust Logic
Essential Sudoku DS
(if I'm not mistaken, there's a Picross mode in there too)
Simple DS 28 - Illust & Suuji Puzzle 2
Simple DS 07 - Illust & Suuji Puzzle 1

Haven't tested all of them. They're all in japanese, except Essential Sudoku DS, which is an Euro ROM.

EliTeSnipeR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
would japanese writing even matter in those other picross suggestions? i mean picross writing is barely limited.. u jus need to know how to access the puzzle right? if so, i'd look into giving those games a try..

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, I've had a chance to play Illust Logic DS and Colorful Logic now. Sometimes navigating through the menus is a bit tricky, but I just kept hitting different options and eventually found my way to the puzzle grid through trial and error.

Once you get to the puzzle itself, Japanese Picross is just as playable as the English version.
They're all just basically numbers and a grid...

EDIT: 100th post! Finally!

b3nj4m1n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unz said:
Most addicting puzzle game ever - yeah, tell me about it.
rolleyes.gif

I've been hooked on Picross since I discovered the SNES version back in the 90's - and the GB version, and thanks to the Internet, a bunch of online flash versions - of which, the best is Armor Picross 2 imho.

If you crave more Picross action on the DS, sergeant_maya tipped me off earlier today in the Non-English language games thread about a Japanese game called Illust Logic DS and Colorful Logic. I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but check out the boxart...

2iiya1g.jpg

Enjoy...
laugh.gif

that armor picross sucks balls

why would you think that its good?

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
b3nj4m1n: Nothing positive to contribute huh? Why would I think Armor Picross is good? Simple. Because it's the most polished free picross type puzzle that I've personally played so far.

But hey, if you know of a better free online Picross game, give us the link - I'd be only too glad to give it a try...

ipumuk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i loved picross and i did not like polarium.

colour cross is really great. its like several picross puzzles combined into one. by solving one you are solving other picross puzzles at the same time. you have to give it a try !

BurnChao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like Illust Logic much more than Picross. The input method is much better. I completed Illust Logic, and quit Picross in annoyance after like 3 or 5 puzzles.

PMcOuntry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a folder in my SD card exclusive to Picross-like games. With the exception of Picross DS itself, the other ones are:
Illust & Colorful Logic DS
Puzzle Series 6 - Illust Logic
Essential Sudoku DS (if I'm not mistaken, there's a Picross mode in there too)
Simple DS 28 - Illust & Suuji Puzzle 2
Simple DS 07 - Illust & Suuji Puzzle 1

Haven't tested all of them. They're all in japanese, except Essential Sudoku DS, which is an Euro ROM.

Hi, could you tell me how you obtained all of these games. I've been searching for most of these and they are $35 to $100 used on eBay/Amazon. I can't possibly afford that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu