Hacking Are there any mods or hacks i could do with a 9.4 system with a R4 card?

YamiZee

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
9.4 currently has no known exploits for anything useful, and I doubt that's gonna change for a while if ever. Sky3ds still works though

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I fear that 9.2 will become the new 4.5, and that Sky3DS and other "supposed 1:1" clones will be the real survivors until Gateway can pull of some more future magic, something major leaks again from Nintendo, or both.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I fear that 9.2 will become the new 4.5, and that Sky3DS and other "supposed 1:1" clones will be the real survivors until Gateway can pull of some more future magic, something major leaks again from Nintendo, or both.
Those are fighting words. The collective Gateway mob here is going to hunt you down for speaking of such blasphemy.

I am open enough to entertain that possibility, but don't quote me on that. :)

Reactions: r5xscn

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just speaking realistically, not Gateway bashing in the slightest. I'm on 9.2U, and want a Gateway, but without Future exploits, I just don't see a future for Gateway to move beyond 9.3 as of yet.
They have competition now that they didn't have before. The installed bad is also much larger than it was in 2013 and even with the refresh I suspect the 3DS is on the downside of its lifecycle at this point. It can also be argued that Nintendo has only ever made a token response to mods, just enough to satisfy the developers. My kid shows 5 of his friends Smash on his 3DS several will want it and statisticly they don't have carts, so they push of or a console or if they have one the real game cart. In a way the cart users are the true " Ambassodors". They are a small number but love to show off all the neat stuff Nintendo has to offer. Nintendo can't buy that kind of PR.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'm just speaking realistically, not Gateway bashing in the slightest. I'm on 9.2U, and want a Gateway, but without Future exploits, I just don't see a future for Gateway to move beyond 9.3 as of yet.
tbh 9.2 is a major step forward......its covers like 100% of new consoles and a large majority of people current consoles......this is simply how these things work, base FW+hacks, 4.x consoles where never really hard to find, and now i doubt there will ever be a shortage of 4.x-9.2 consoles for anyone wanting to use a full blown solution rather than basic card emulation....yeah sky3ds can claim homebrew and region free.......but then they will also be in the exact same boat as gateway except being less user friendly....homebrew (if you stay on 9.2) and region free (if you stay on 9.4).....not to mention sky3ds region free requires you to use the web exploit for every game, not just a 1 time thing each time you boot up the console

i just dont see why people think these exploits and hacks grow on tree's, the 3DS is/was a very secure platform, and with system updates hacks that have took months to develop ate patched as soon as they are released pretty much.....anyone thinking it would be as easy as drop a cart in and everything is hacked is naive.....if you want something like that, sky 3ds is as close as it gets, and even then it faces the same fate of being patched into redundancy by nintendo

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country

How soon is Gateway coming to 9.2 users? or is it already out?

The way its looking 9.4 i'd prefer reigionthree to QQ3DS looking at the pricing

Reactions: Jayro

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
How soon is Gateway coming to 9.2 users? or is it already out?

The way its looking 9.4 i'd prefer reigionthree to QQ3DS looking at the pricing
if your on 9.4 i wouldnt be expecting any gateway support for a long while, they havent promised or hinted for anything above 9.2.......so they probably don't have anything else in the immediate pipeline, they may have some potential leads....they could even have a full blown working hack........but simple fact is, they would be stupid to use it at this point,its best to keep things back and release in stages to maximize the exploits usage....no point burning another exploit for 9.3-9.4 support....they warned people not to update, nobody was forced to update....just be glad sky3ds/qq3ds exist as they will most likely be your only option for a good while

PS for standard 3ds/3dsxl/2ds, gateways 9.2 exploit is already available for 4.x-9.2

renes2

~New World~
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In Region free works, mambu in ner Future we will get something like ChickHEN for psp.
lets wait and Drink tea

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I could be wrong, but there are high chances that the "surprise feature" GW is preparing is upcoming suport for newer firmware (AKA new exploit found, and I doubt that)

But anyway, every system is hackable in many variable forms, the only step to take is to find more flaws and exploit them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all