Hacking Are there any methods that dont need purchase yet?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,426
  • Replies 8
D

Deleted User

OP
Are there any CFW or Homebrew enabling methods that DON'T require you to buy a game? since i am tight enough with money at the moment that i dont have the ability to constantly buy a game.. i'm running 3.55 and all i know is that one 10$ game...

i find it funny how on most other consoles you dont have to buy a game to get homebrew running.. 3ds is an exception since there are/were methods of doing it free

I also have a psp but the fact that it has some horrid motion blur.. 480I right? i forget but its interlaced and the blur is obvious :/ and its small so my hands get cramped after a while of use

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, On 3.55 the myar chronicles game is currently the only exploit vector. if you had been on a lower fw, you could have used any psp game/demo. But atm you have to wait for another entry point, which doesn't look too likely right now.

Reactions: cvskid

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any CFW or Homebrew enabling methods that DON'T require you to buy a game? since i am tight enough with money at the moment that i dont have the ability to constantly buy a game.. i'm running 3.55 and all i know is that one 10$ game...

i find it funny how on most other consoles you dont have to buy a game to get homebrew running.. 3ds is an exception since there are/were methods of doing it free

I also have a psp but the fact that it has some horrid motion blur.. 480I right? i forget but its interlaced and the blur is obvious :/ and its small so my hands get cramped after a while of use
To solve the psp issue with the blurry screen and cramped hands, use a psp go, connect it to a tv using psp component cables, and sync a ps3 controller to it.

D

Deleted User

OP
To solve the psp issue with the blurry screen and cramped hands, use a psp go, connect it to a tv using psp component cables, and sync a ps3 controller to it.
i dont have any of the above.. all i have is a psp 3000 a usb cord and remotejoylite...

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont have any of the above.. all i have is a psp 3000 a usb cord and remotejoylite...
Oh ok. Well that sucks. Makes me wish there was a way to downgrade ps vita firmware so people like you on 3.55 could have free cfw without buying any game.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
i find it funny how on most other consoles you dont have to buy a game to get homebrew running

Times have changed unfortunately and as a result, so has console security. Due to the nature of exactly how consoles are secured from arbitrary code execution (multiple security layers, encryption and so on) now we have to turn to exploits left behind in games by their unsuspecting developers. It's not as easy as it was back in the day with the "front door lock" security protecting consoles like the original PlayStation (which was easily overcome with some hardware soldered in)

Some have said that the PS Vita is the most secure consumer electronics device to hit the market. I have a feeling we will be waiting a lot longer for a free PS Vita solution.

Reactions: cvskid
D

Deleted User

OP
Times have changed unfortunately and as a result, so has console security. Due to the nature of exactly how consoles are secured from arbitrary code execution (multiple security layers, encryption and so on) now we have to turn to exploits left behind in games by their unsuspecting developers. It's not as easy as it was back in the day with the "front door lock" security protecting consoles like the original PlayStation (which was easily overcome with some hardware soldered in)

Some have said that the PS Vita is the most secure consumer electronics device to hit the market. I have a feeling we will be waiting a lot longer for a free PS Vita solution.
i guess ill have to wait then won't i :/ ill play the only three vita games i have for now, Borderlands 2, Grand Theft auto Liberty City Stories and Minecraft

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
i guess ill have to wait then won't i :/ ill play the only three vita games i have for now, Borderlands 2, Grand Theft auto Liberty City Stories and Minecraft

Basically, just keep checking back at wololo.net net. Sometimes the exploits are found in really super cheap PSP minis (I use Talkman travel on 3.18 for TN-V/X, it was $3 or something cheap like that) More rarely, some free demos are found to have exploits too :)

D

Deleted User

OP
Basically, just keep checking back at wololo.net net. Sometimes the exploits are found in really super cheap PSP minis (I use Talkman travel on 3.18 for TN-V/X, it was $3 or something cheap like that) More rarely, some free demos are found to have exploits too :)
thats funny, i had a wololo tab open when i posted this XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM