are there any good games at all ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Youkai, Nov 2, 2008.

Nov 2, 2008
  1. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Well
    the Wii is a party console ok ... but somehow me and a friend even thaught the backuploader is out now and we can test close to every game, just don't find anything interesting at all [​IMG]V

There is like no Multiplayer game out there that really is interesting and if there is one its normaly done after 10 minutes or something [​IMG]

and even single player is mostly no good as well.

i am playing Lost in Blue and he is playing Metroid and One Piece thats all ...

will there be anything interesting except Animal Crossing maybe ?

so weird, there are so many recommended games to play in the lists but most of them are just pure junk ... as example both of us cannot understand how anyone can like Wario Ware ... its just a hand full of very very crappy mini games. ...

2. Hardcore Gamer

Member Hardcore Gamer GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Mario Party 8 is probably the best multiplayer game. It has proper mini games as opposed to wario's micro games.

Sport games? Madden and stuff? I thought Little League baseball was a good little game, bit kiddie on the graphics but not a bad game when playing someone.

I'm sure that new Spyro is single player or co-op. Two of you can play the game together, one is spyro, other is cynder. It's not a bad game.

3. ThatOtherPerson

Newcomer ThatOtherPerson Advanced Member

Canada
    If you and your friend like on rail shooters then The House of the Dead 2&3 Return isn't bad and I haven't played RE: Umbrella Chronicles yet but I've heard its good also and both of them have co-op. SSX Blur is a really great game. It also has multiplayer but I've only played its single player campaign so far so I'm not sure how much fun it actually is for multiplayer. Excite truck is good to.

4. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    well i am not into shooter at all ( i actually hate them ) but than again i liked Ghost Squad sadly the game has only 3 level [​IMG]V even thaught you can play them over and over again on different difficultys

SSX Blur yes that looks very good i'll definietly play this game even thaught i think in split screen its hard to play ....

5. NosferatuZODD

Newcomer NosferatuZODD Member

United States
    Sounds like you're one of those people who's determined to be unsatisfied no matter what.

6. LagunaCid

Member LagunaCid GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Tried Battalion Wars? Fire Emblem? Medal of Honor? Red Steel? MKWii? Chocobo Dungeon? Fifa 09?

7. cepheus

Member cepheus GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    okay, warioware is a little messed up lol. the wii does have a lot of junky games made for random fun or a pick up and play gamer. however, there are plenty of serious hardcore high production value games out there.

All the games listed above are worth a try but if you play resident evil 4 and find it too short or not story worthy, then nothing can satisfy your needs.

8. oliebol

Member oliebol GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    de blob, super smash bros. brawl , mario kart, mario and sonic at the olympic games, mercury meltdown revolution, super mario galaxy, no more heroes, the legend of zelda twilight princess, super paper mario and if you don't like wario ware, then try the new wario game shake dimension.

9. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany

Well not really ...

I loved Fire Emblem and Zack and Wiki and such but those are all Singleplayer games and i allways thaught the wii was made to paly with more than just 1 player.

I just don't like games like Zalda and such ... ( i played every Zelda title and the only one i really liked was the SNES one)

and thos games like mario and sonic and those other sports games are mainly all the same there is like no difference at all sometimes.
    they should concentrate less on grafik and singleplayer than on fun gameplay and a good multiplayer.

10. MADKATZ99

Member MADKATZ99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I dont think its possible to focus less on graphics than they already do, all wii games look fugly [​IMG]

I think I know what you mean, I would like to see some more multiplayer games too, but then again beggars can't be chooses. Theres already plenty of multiplayer games:
    resident evil umbrella chronicles
    house of the dead
    strikers
    madden
    fifa
    wii sports
    need for speed's
    excite truck
    wario ware
    mario party
    metal slug
    rayman raving rabbits
    brawl
    mario and sonic at the olympics
    mario kart
    guitar hero
    the 'lego' games are co-op
    battalion wars 2
    rampage
    ghost squad
    trauma centre
    splinter cell

And many more. Not to mention all the gamecube games there are as well as VC and wiiware titles to choose from.... so basically now I think your a whiner [​IMG]

11. DrYHeLL

Member DrYHeLL GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    I've been hearing mixed reviews about BWII and I've always wanted to try it as it looks like a great game. Can anyone state their opinion on it? I'd really like to get an opinion rather than a stupid graded scale.Thx

12. MG4M3R

Member MG4M3R GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Dokapon Kingdom to Best Wii Party Game!!!

13. ashesburn

Member ashesburn GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Everytime my friends visit, we'll just stick with Wii Sports, Wii Play and Mario Kart Wii. These are the best multiplayer games I reckon.

Also try playing these when everyone's drunk. The fun-ness just doubles. [​IMG]

14. Upperleft

Member Upperleft Namcoholic

United Arab Emirates
    There's a shitload of awesome games coming out for the Wii in 2009 (and Tatsunoko vs. FREAKING Capcom is coming out THIS month!)
    um.. Brawl?, Mario Galaxy .. and Tales of Symphonia 2 if you're interested [​IMG]
    and if you're out of Wii games play GC games

15. saulin

Member saulin GBAtemp Regular

Well out of the 4 consoles still alive right now, the Wii gets the most garbage. I do own a Xbox 360 so I only have Wii Exclusives and well last time I counted my games, it was about 20 of them because I really can't find anything else worth trying and yet the Wii has like 1000 releases already?

Why the Wii sells like crazy? beats me. I bought it cause of the motion controller and Mario Kart and cause I thought it would be cool to play some shooters like House of the dead with the Wii controller. But mainly because of the virtual console. However I was disappointed when I tried VC games since the graphics are just like on the original consoles so I rather play the games emulated on the PC or my Original Xbox.