Homebrew Are there any GBA emulators that can run without being slow?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the psp can run full speed and its less powerful then a 3ds and a 3ds without kernal still has acess to more ram the psp even has the homebrews very new as well on 3ds psps been out for a long while
The very point you state about the PSP being out for a long time is the very reason emulators run better because they have had many years of development it takes a long time to get emulators running pefectly

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Even on New 3DS, Fire Red and Leaf Green are both extremely slow using the latest retroarch emulators.
Really? I'm using latest mgba nightly right now with LeafGreen and is working at 55fps with good sound (once in a while it crackles a little). I'm using a 10.3 N3DS via Ninjhax. I use it for playing Light Platinum Pokémon ROMhack and it works great, too. Not perfect, but definitely not slow.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe he thinks that because..well I don't know actually. He is the kind of person who thinks homebrew is illegal and stuff.
Well if he says its illegal again then say this.

"Its not ilegal because its only nintendo who doesn't like that because our apps and games are not on the eshop and is not offical. Basically we can play games and we won't have to pay nintendo to put our games in the eshop severs."

Reactions: Jwiz33
S

swaggon

Really? I'm using latest mgba nightly right now with LeafGreen and is working at 55fps with good sound (once in a while it crackles a little). I'm using a 10.3 N3DS via Ninjhax. I use it for playing Light Platinum Pokémon ROMhack and it works great, too. Not perfect, but definitely not slow.

For me, mGBA doesn't work very well with Minish Cap, so I changed to gpSP and it runs almost perfectly. Fire Red and Leaf Green run really, really slowly on gpSP for some reason though. Ruby and Sapphire seem to run fine.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VGBA and MGBA are both really good emulators, ive never had any problems with either of those, you could also use NO$GBA which also dose NDS games really well :D

Last edited by Centrix,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water