Hacking Are there any fake Supercard DSTwos?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi all...
are there any fake supercard dstwo? I'm already extremely sick over the R4/R4i clones...
closedeyes.gif

Thanks in advance!
happy.gif

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt there will ever be a fake DSTwo. Fakes try to atleast "some-what" recreate their original counterparts. the DSTwo has its own processor. If they make a cheap alternative to the DSTwo, i'd be all for it, lol. But no worries, I doubt we will ever see fakes, the 3DS is too close for a DSTwo fake.

(Unless theres DSTT's with DSTwo stickers on them. Don't buy from fake sites? Fakes are usually fairly easy to spot.)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, thanks. I bought the dstwo from ShopTemp.

I nearly bought a dstwo from digimartz, but then i found out many negative comments over the web.

Anyone bought from this site before? Is it really unreliable?
wtf.gif

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:

I nearly bought a dstwo from digimartz, but then i found out many negative comments over the web.

Anyone bought from this site before? Is it really unreliable?
wtf.gif

nope never even heard of them..I usually stay with what works for me..and it's RHS or shoptemp

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jackthelad said:
chris888222 said:

Great choice of card and place of purchase, and no fake DSTwo's i'm aware of.

Ya, no fakes.

I remember one time some guy got sent an acekard 2i instead of a DSTWO by accident but they quickly sent him a supercard DSTWO and it was all resolved.

They usually don't mess up like that tho. Probly has only happened a few times - Hey, nobody's perfect.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Practically every flashcart on the market will pretend to be an R4 simply to exploit brand recognition, and it works too. I've seen many people buy into the fake R4s just because they heard of them through friends.
These fake R4s will usually copy something like the Acekard or the DSTT as the base system, and then implement an R4-style menu.

In any case, fake Supercards right now is really the least of your concerns, there were fake Supercard products in the past, but those largely predated the now infamous R4DS.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, the reason why I dislike clones is because when I bought a fake R4i last March, it loaded games very slowly. (nearly 2 minutes just to load Mario Kart DS)
Plus, the game really lags...

Well, in my opinion, the supercard dstwo isn't really a clone (despite being similar to the iPlayer)... It is created by the supercard team... right?
happy.gif

As for the EX4i, I was stunned after watching that video... (It looks so similar to the R4!)

@RupeeClock: I simply love your Smugleaf skins! Will try them once my supercard arrives.
laugh.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Why does (practically) every clone/fake flashcart be similar or have something in relation with the R4DS or R4i?

I have a R4DS which works great with wood firmware, but now using a clone R4i (for now) as I am now using a US DSi XL.
That clone constantly gives me problems!
hate2.gif

Just hope my supercard will arrive asap...
unsure.gif

By the way, (i know it shouldn't be posted here, but...) is it true that if you play Pokemon Black/White on the supercard (or any other compatible flashcart), you cannot use features like the livecaster or the IR battles via C-gear, even on the DSi/DSi XL?

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it